Windows 7 Display Goes Black

FSXGuy

Just installed Windows 64Bit RTM version and I am finding My Display goes Black ( Looks Like no input to the monitor) randomly for 1 second. I have a ATI Power Color 4890 Video card with the latest Win 7 Drivers from ATI- i5 Processor and Asus P7P55D Pro M board.
Anyone else seeing this behaviour?

Thanks

Joe

When do you see the os doing this? At which particular time?

I have the same Problem I have a ASUS 4890 one of the new ones with the two red fans on it.
I loaded Windows 7 64bit from windows xp 32 bit, with ISO file from student version, everything to load great
but when i had to restart after windows wanted to after loading video drivers it went to a BLACK SCREEN with my cursor
thats it, so I restarted in safe mode with networking, I looked on all the forums to find my fix to the problem and tried just about everything but im open for new ideas, so I removed the video drivers in safe mode and restarted the computer and Windows 7 loaded, and it found the video drivers automatically so it wanted to restart again so I did and then it went to a black screen again. so now i am stuck

Do you know how fast the iso was burnt at? If it was any faster than 4x then that might be your problem?

good idea

I dont know how fast it was burt at I used that program microsft wanted me to the iso cd/dvd/ updater. I thought that could be it but its worth taking a chance, becasue I am all the way in windows 7 in safe mode and in normal mode. I should have made a data file with nero and put it on 4X

Back
Top Bottom