Windows 7 Display Problem

iLikeBacon

Hi all,

I am running Windows 7/64 with a 8800 GTS and the 196.21 driver on a Samsung P2370 1920x1080 resolution.

I am getting very poor video playback. I know it's not a codec issue now. I'll explain why in a bit. The shadows on the videos look like 16 bit. Instead of a smooth transition from dark to light there is a 'rainbow' effect of a few colors. Similar to 16 bit.

While surfing to find the problem I came across a website that made it all clear. I scrolled down and found that pictures behave the same way when moved. Here is the site. Scroll down about 1/4th to the picture with the fish. Scroll lightly up and down. On my XP machine the picture stays solid. On Windows 7 the colors (where they fade) flicker as I scroll.

Link Removed due to 404 ErrorLink Removed due to 404 Error

I tried the default Windows 7 drivers with the same result. Tried 16 bit color and the flickering is not as bad.

Please tell me if you guys are getting this on Win 7 and if you think it's a display driver issue.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Fixed it.

Samsung Monitor Menu - Picture - Response Time - Normal

If it is on "Fast" or "Fastest" the problems start.

Weird. Time to call Samsung support.

Hmmm...interesting. Glad that fixed it for you though. Let us know what they say.

Back
Top Bottom