Display size not retained

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Graphics' started by odehart, Feb 25, 2010.

1. odehart

odehart New Member

The display size on my system is not retained. In Control Panel - Display the display is set to Smaller - 100% [default] but this is not retained. Essentially at every boot the display size defaults/resets to 125% though Control Panel - Display shows the setting as Smaller - 100%. If I do a Shutdown - Restart the display size will set to 100%. Whatever the actual display size Control Panel - Display shows Smaller - 100% as selected. I did try Medium one time as my eyesight is not great but didn't like it so I went back to Smaller. This problem began occurring some weeks after going back to Smaller.

2. Mike

Mike Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

Have you, in any way, recently installed software that would manipulate the display, rendering, desktop, or registry? This most likely is due to a problem with the registry. That being said, there are various solutions that MAY solve your problem. Have you considered doing a System Restore back to before the problem started?

3. odehart

odehart New Member

Nothing I've added should have effected the screen resolution or size but who knows for sure? I have run a couple of registry cleaner/fixers. I haven't considered doing a restore since I am not sure exactly when the problem first appeared and would rather not start on restoring and working my way back. Still I may have to. This morning when I booted the display was fine.