Windows 7 Display Switch-off at startup.

steffanos

Hi,
Most mornings during the first 10 minutes after startup - but sometimes several hours after, my display will switch off (with the computer still running). If I put the computer to sleep and straight out again, the display comes back on. Very occasionally, it will go strainght off again and I will need to do the same thing for the second time - either way it will then stay on all day.
I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1, and the power settings are set to High Performance with display off to 'never' and sleep to 3 hours, and I also have all the latest drivers installed.

System AMD Athlon II X3 440 Processor 3.00 GHz with 6.00 GB RAM

I'm flumoxed as to what to try next. Any suggestions please?
Thanks.

Solution
It seems like you're facing an issue where your display is turning off intermittently on your Windows 7 system. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this problem:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Check Power Settings:
    • Verify that the power plan settings are correctly configured:
      • Go to Control Panel > Power Options.
      • Select "High Performance" and click on "Change plan settings."
      • Set both "Turn off the display" and "Put the computer to sleep" to "Never."
      • Save changes and restart your computer.
    []Update Graphics Drivers:
    • Ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date. Visit the AMD website and download the latest drivers for your specific graphics card model...
It seems like you're facing an issue where your display is turning off intermittently on your Windows 7 system. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this problem:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Check Power Settings:
    • Verify that the power plan settings are correctly configured:
      • Go to Control Panel > Power Options.
      • Select "High Performance" and click on "Change plan settings."
      • Set both "Turn off the display" and "Put the computer to sleep" to "Never."
      • Save changes and restart your computer.
    []Update Graphics Drivers:
    • Ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date. Visit the AMD website and download the latest drivers for your specific graphics card model.
    [
    ]Check Screen Saver Settings:
    • Disable or modify your screen saver settings:
      • Right-click on the desktop and select "Personalize."
      • Click on "Screen Saver" and set it to "None."
      • Apply the changes and test if the issue persists.
    []Hardware Check:
    • Check the physical connections between your monitor and the computer to ensure they are secure.
    • Consider testing your monitor with another computer to verify if the issue lies with the monitor itself.
    [
    ]Temperature Check:
    • Overheating can sometimes cause issues with the display. Ensure that your computer is adequately ventilated and the internal components are not overheating.
    []Event Viewer Check:
    • Check the Event Viewer for any error logs related to the display turning off. This may provide more details about the issue.
    [
    ]System Update:
    • Ensure that Windows 7 is up to date with the latest updates from Microsoft. Some updates may include fixes for known display issues.
  2. Power Management Settings:
    • Check the settings in the Device Manager for your display adapter:
      • Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
      • Expand the "Display adapters" section, right-click on your display adapter, and select "Properties."
      • Look for the "Power Management" tab and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." Try these steps and see if they help resolve the display turning off issue on your Windows 7 system. If the problem persists, further troubleshooting may be needed.

Solution
Back