Disturbing news!!!

I've read on wikipedia that microsoft is considering to remove the ribbon interface???go check it out,i couldn't find any links about it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7

Matt

I don't see anything about it there, aparently, they removed it as it was not confirmed. So, it may or may not have it.

BUt i see under the user interface...but luckily there are no citations so it might not be true...

Matt

Well, since nothing has appeared about it being removed, seems like it's staying there.

well seems it really is removed,thamk good...huh

Removed? A ribbon interface was never announced for Windows.

not about the interface,i mean't the text that was written in wikipedia...

It was probably a hoax. Checked the wikipedia page and could not find anything about this too.

Matt

Yeah, I would agree with above, or possibly a misunderstanding from someone, or some "word of mouth" rumour.

brotherZ said:
It was probably a hoax. Checked the wikipedia page and could not find anything about this too.

thank good it was...

Kyle

Sorry to be a n00b on the subject, but what's a ribbon interface?

The ribbon is what they call the new user interface in Office 2007.

Chaoswarrior said:
not about the interface,i mean't the text that was written in wikipedia...
I was responding to the initial "I've read on wikipedia that microsoft is considering to remove the ribbon interface". I should have said 'Remove?', not 'Removed?'

Kyle

Ah I see.
Personally, I'm not too fond of that UI.
MS has billions of dollars, they can do better.

Matt

I think that it is a pretty good UI personally, having tried it on my PC, though my dad doesn't really care for it. I think it organizes stuff much better than before.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.