Windows 7 .dll files

jyoung

Hey all, I am new to windows 7. I received this computer from a friend in a trade and ran my virus scan and all to make sure it was clean. The only problem I am having is that the computer originally came with windows vista, he upgraded it to 7, and when he did that installed a flight simulator program that required him to delete some .dll files in order to play it. He said the files are for the playing of movies and music, and I am not sure which files are missing. Any idea what files they could be? Every time I log on it says that "users/d630/appdata/local/uvevoxad.dll" is missing. I can't seem to find any information about that file anywhere. He told me there was a file "d3drm/dll" that needed to be deleted or that that was the file he installed to override the video player. I would really like to be able to play videos, and movies. If there is a way to find a way to find the missing .dll files, I'd like to know what it is. I have tried to do a system image restore and it said I could not. I didn't get a restore disk with it, so I cant restore them that way. I no longer speak to whom I got it from, and can't get any more information on it. Any help would be wonderful...Thanks!

Why can you not run a system image restore - does it not exist or is there a problem with it because that would be your easiest solution. If you are unsure what is on the drive goto Control panel, admin tools, comp management, storage, disk management and see what is shown there.

Back