Windows 7 DllHost.exe problem?

tskjaerpe

The last days I have got this error message every time I open the Control Panet: An exception (C0000005)occurred during DllEntryPoint or DllMain in module: C\windows\system32\UniCalibrator.cpl
The box containing this message is labeled: DllHost.exe.
No obvious functional limitation related to this error message, but is a bit afraid that something will surface sooner or later. Any cure? Should I reinstall the OS?

I did a search on my system for that control panel and do not show it. Do you know where it comes from? Any chance the software could be older and not completely compatible? If you type it in the run command does it do anything?

Did you install any gfx program? That might be responsible. You can try backing up the file to a thumb drive, then delete the file from your hdd. If all goes well, you can delete from the thumb drive as well.

Takk for svar. For Saltgress Dllhost.exe er et operativsystem fil. Hvis det ikke ligger i / system32, kan det være virus / malware. Min Dllhost.exe er i riktig mappe. Når det gjelder alder, reinsalled jeg win7 bare en uke siden (jeg forandret meg system disk til en Intel SSD). Den Win7 CD er omtrent et år gammel. Men, før installasjon, det samme CD installert uten problemer. Hvis jeg skriver Dllhost.exe i oppløpet kommando, synes ikke noe til å skje. Hvis Bill2 Jeg har tre grafiske programmer, Photoshop CS5, Corel Graphics Suite 12, og Corel Painter 11. De to første programmene gikk uten problemer på min tidligere installasjon. Painter er ny på denne installasjonen, men problemet eksisterer etter gjenoppretting systemet til før installasjonen av Painter. Gjelder å slette filen, mener du Dllhost.exe eller grafiske programmer?

In my browser, the automatic translation gives back my own comments in Norwegian, and they look quite messed up. I hope they appear in understandable English on your browser

Just changed my login name from tskjaerpe to terjesk to try to avoid the translation problem

Just seem to have found a solution. I should mention that, when I started some programs within the Control panel, I got an additional error message saying: "COM surrogate has stopped working". By googling this message it seemed that DllHost.exe was involved in the problem. The suggested solution was to turn off DEP for DllHost. So far it has cured the problem. However, doing this I was warned that viruses may have easier access to the system. I am crossing my fingers.

Back
Top Bottom