Windows 7 DMZ Access

mtishman

My Win 7 pro laptop can see (and show in the network & sharing window) all the computers in the local private subnet but not others (ie., in the DMZ). I am logged in using an account with domain admin rights and I am able to find the other computers on the network via the "search Active directory" feature but I cannot access one computer (in the DMZ) using a standard unc desktop shortcut. Is it a local windows 7 permission thing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

What happens when you try? Access denied, or not found error or something else?
Try adjusting the UNC with an IP instead of machine name, it's possible that your local DNS resolver doesn't have a host name record that is valid or accurate for the machine. And make sure there are no firewall rules in place that is blocking the communication.

Thanks for the prompt reply. The UNC shortcut was already using the server's IP address so DNS was not the culprit. And unfortunately I wasn't receiving any error or warning messages either. I did a little more research about the app I was attempting to connect to in the DMZ and it (itself) ended-up being the problem. We can consider this issue closed. Thanks again for your help. Michael.

Thanks Michael for the followup and updating your thread. Glad to hear you were able to resolve your issue. Thanks for joining the forums and we hope to continue to see you around.

Back