Windows 7 Do I have Conficker?

Knufire

Let's see...
All of this happened right after I download something my friend showed me, but I stopped the download part way through and deleted the part of the .rar file.

Kaspersky Antivirus completely fails
When I go to the Windows Update page (with IE), it says I am not an Administrator, even though I am
I cannot access Invisonfree or Zetaboard
If I try to run Kaspersky, my computer immediately goes crazy and locks up

I WAS able to download the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool or whatever it is, and that is successfully running.

Anyway, do I have the Conficker, and if your not sure, how can I detect it.

Btw, I am running Build 7068.

certain downloads go to more than one location. Deleting in one location doesn't necessarily getting rid of the corrupted file. There is always system restore back a day to guarentee a complete delete of the file.

...There is always system restore back a day to guarentee a complete delete of the file.

You should be so lucky.:razz:

Wikipedia said:
Variant C of the worm resets System Restore points and disables a number of system services such as Windows Automatic Update, Windows Security Center, Windows Defender and Windows Error Reporting. Processes matching a predefined list of antiviral, diagnostic or system patching tools are watched for and terminated. An in-memory patch is also applied to the system resolver DLL to block lookups of hostnames related to antivirus software vendors and the Windows Update service.
Conficker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

More info here: How to remove the Downadup and Conficker worm (Uninstall Instructions)

Back
Top Bottom