Do I install XP or Vista software/drivers?

If I had the option to choose what drivers to download, do I download the XP or Vista drivers or software for Windows 7? I am not sure since Win 7 is similar to Vista.

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
If I had the option to choose what drivers to download, do I download the XP or Vista drivers or software for Windows 7? I am not sure since Win 7 is similar to Vista.
Vista for now are the best drivers . There is an Xp mode but have tried so far without success to get that working .
Got it working the xp mode :) Use Vista drivers for now :)

Last edited:
I see. Thanks.

Definitely Windows Vista drivers.. Make sure their the latest available one's too.. ;) Otherwise they probably won't work.. There are quite a few Windows 7 specific drivers popping up now and more will come as 7 progresses through it's developmental process but for now the Vista one's work just fine for the most part.. :)

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Definitely Windows Vista drivers.. Make sure their the latest available one's too.. ;) Otherwise they probably won't work.. There are quite a few Windows 7 specific drivers popping up now and more will come as 7 progresses through it's developmental process but for now the Vista one's work just fine for the most part.. :)
There are some Beta graphic card drivers for windows 7 about . Work ok for me but have heard mixed reports on them .
Kinda buyer beware though they are free . Just a thought you could if willing to risk it give them a try ;)

There are some Beta graphic card drivers for windows 7 about . Work ok for me but have heard mixed reports on them .
Kinda buyer beware though they are free . Just a thought you could if willing to risk it give them a try ;)
I can say with 100% confidence that the ATI Windows 7 Catalyst Drivers work flawlessly.. At least with the Radeon HD 3000 and 4000 series cards they do.. :) Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. :) I've been using these drivers since Win 7 build 6801 (They were simply a preview driver at that time, they are now Beta drivers, soon to be finished..) and have not had any problems with them to date..

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.