Windows 7 Do I install XP or Vista software/drivers?

RedSuns

If I had the option to choose what drivers to download, do I download the XP or Vista drivers or software for Windows 7? I am not sure since Win 7 is similar to Vista.

If I had the option to choose what drivers to download, do I download the XP or Vista drivers or software for Windows 7? I am not sure since Win 7 is similar to Vista.

Vista for now are the best drivers . There is an Xp mode but have tried so far without success to get that working .
Got it working the xp mode :) Use Vista drivers for now :)

Last edited:
Definitely Windows Vista drivers.. Make sure their the latest available one's too.. ;) Otherwise they probably won't work.. There are quite a few Windows 7 specific drivers popping up now and more will come as 7 progresses through it's developmental process but for now the Vista one's work just fine for the most part.. :)

Definitely Windows Vista drivers.. Make sure their the latest available one's too.. ;) Otherwise they probably won't work.. There are quite a few Windows 7 specific drivers popping up now and more will come as 7 progresses through it's developmental process but for now the Vista one's work just fine for the most part.. :)

There are some Beta graphic card drivers for windows 7 about . Work ok for me but have heard mixed reports on them .
Kinda buyer beware though they are free . Just a thought you could if willing to risk it give them a try ;)

There are some Beta graphic card drivers for windows 7 about . Work ok for me but have heard mixed reports on them .
Kinda buyer beware though they are free . Just a thought you could if willing to risk it give them a try ;)

I can say with 100% confidence that the ATI Windows 7 Catalyst Drivers work flawlessly.. At least with the Radeon HD 3000 and 4000 series cards they do.. :) Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. :) I've been using these drivers since Win 7 build 6801 (They were simply a preview driver at that time, they are now Beta drivers, soon to be finished..) and have not had any problems with them to date..

Back