Windows 7 Do I need to format disk?

DittyDum

At first I was considering running a dual boot system with Windows Xp Professional 64 bit and Windows 7, but have since decided to run Windows 7 as my main OS. This computer is a new Core i7 build with 6 Gb Ram. I have already backed up the VERY few files I have on my computer, since its a new build I don't have many, so my question(s) is...would I need to do a fresh format of my hard drive by right clicking my C: drive and selecting format or do I just pop the Windows 7 disk in and allow it to do its thing? Will the install disk for Windows 7 give me the option to format my disk drive?

Also, I have tried to format my disk by right clicking and selecting format, but I got an error stating to close anything that may have the contents of my hard drive open?

At first I was considering running a dual boot system with Windows Xp Professional 64 bit and Windows 7, but have since decided to run Windows 7 as my main OS. This computer is a new Core i7 build with 6 Gb Ram. I have already backed up the VERY few files I have on my computer, since its a new build I don't have many, so my question(s) is...would I need to do a fresh format of my hard drive by right clicking my C: drive and selecting format or do I just pop the Windows 7 disk in and allow it to do its thing? Will the install disk for Windows 7 give me the option to format my disk drive?

Also, I have tried to format my disk by right clicking and selecting format, but I got an error stating to close anything that may have the contents of my hard drive open?

Boot to the DVD and you will be given the option to format there.

Back
Top Bottom