Windows 7 Downgrade issue

Alex Dee

OK, I upgraded from home to windows ultimate and it totally destroyed my laptop computer. I don't have any drivers it doesn't read that I have wireless internet. Ethernet cable works but Ive been downloading drivers for my computer and nothing is helping. There is still my old version of windows in a folder Windows.old

Maybe we should slow down and look at each item in turn. If you are using the same bit version x64 or x86, the drivers will be the same for your devices.

Give it some time to adjust, but a shutdown and restart might help.

OK, I upgraded from home to windows ultimate and it totally destroyed my laptop computer. I don't have any drivers it doesn't read that I have wireless internet. Ethernet cable works but Ive been downloading drivers for my computer and nothing is helping. There is still my old version of windows in a folder Windows.old

You say you upgraded from HP to Ultimate. How? To change versions a Custom (Clean) install is needed. I suspect this is what you did since you have a windows.old folder. As previously stated the drivers are identical if the bitness of the OS remains the same. If the bitness changed, this might be your problem. I would check with the device manufacturers to see if x64 drivers are available for the various devices that are not working.

If you did install the x86 version of Ultimate, then something did not work correctly and I would put the windows.old folder onto a removable media (DVD or Flash drive) then format and try again.

I have installed Win 7 on several PCs with no problems.

note: the Anytime Upgrade option would have been the best as when Win 7 is installed, ALL versions (of the bitness you choose) are installed. The only change is the key which unlocks the appropriate version. The Anytime Upgrade supplies a new key to unlock the higher version. No new installation is needed.

Back
Top Bottom