Windows 7 Download File.

Shazza88

Hi Everyone,
I have a very frustrating problem. I have Windows 7, when I open or download a file it comes up with Microsoft Works Word Processor (default) and then a pop up that saids: Works cannot open....files name and then:The file may be in use by another application, the file format may not be supported by any of the installed convertors. Can this please be changed and if so how because everytime this happens I need to go on my husband's pc to open it and print it out. Thank You, Much Appreciated.

try this:Go to the folder where the downloaded file is stored. Right click on the file, Click on "open with" and select from that the program that you think should open the file.
Note
.dat files are often opened by a video player but can be opened by selecting "Notepad" .pdf files are opened in "Acrobat Reader" so make sure you have that installed, it is free. .txt files open in "Notepad"

Also try this: To open a file in a specific format in Works, follow these steps:
  1. On the File menu, click Open.

Note In the Works 7.0 calendar module, click Import.
  2. In the Files of Type box, click the format of the file that you want to open.
  3. Locate the file that you want, click the file that you want, and then click Open.
To save a file in a specific format in Works 7.0, follow these steps:
  1. On the File menu, click Save As.

Note In the Works 7.0 calendar module, click Export.
  2. In the Save as type box, click the format that you want.
  3. Type a name for your file in the File name box, and then click Save.To open a file in a specific format in Works, follow these steps:
    1. On the File menu, click Open.

Note In the Works 7.0 calendar module, click Import.
    2. In the Files of Type box, click the format of the file that you want to open.
    3. Locate the file that you want, click the file that you want, and then click Open.
    To save a file in a specific format in Works 7.0, follow these steps:
    1. On the File menu, click Save As.

Note In the Works 7.0 calendar module, click Export.
    2. In the Save as type box, click the format that you want.
    3. Type a name for your file in the File name box, and then click Save

Thank You so very much, I was at my wits end and could not figure it out. Now it is all running smoothly. Much Appreciated. :)

Back