Windows 7 Downloading Antiviruses Dos and don'ts

confused

When looking for a good firewall one good way is to go through the software suggestions from microsoft within windows 7. For example trend micro won't run correctly if downloaded directly from their site but if you click the link in windows 7 you get to the trend micro windows 7 beta suite and that runs excellent.

A/V's versus MS Recommendations

The problem is that the ones MS has on their page are all Beta and will expire before your version of Windows7. You need to search around and see which of the free A/V's support Windows 7. If you cannot find one most A/v's come with multiple licenses so check the one you are currently using with your main OS and see if it does. If your A/V supports vista then most likely it will run on Windows 7 by you installing by using the Vista compatibility mode.

True: I guess I was referring to those who have 3 license computer with trend micro the beta for windows 7can be used as one of the computers.

True: I guess I was referring to those who have 3 license computer with trend micro the beta for windows 7can be used as one of the computers.
How do I get Trend Micro to let me do that? I have Trend Micro Internet Security Pro on my computer running vista 64 bit, but it won't work on my PC running Win 7 RC. I now have the Trend Win 7 beta free software running fine on it but it will expire in 27 more days.

You need to click the link within windows 7 which suggests software for your windows 7. I'm on vista now so I have to guess. I think in performance and maintenance. It will suggest you need virus protection and then suggest sites to go to. Kaspersky, AVG, Panda, Trend Micro. Just click the trend micro logo and that will take you to the beta site. Download the beta(IT ISN'T TREND MICRO PRO BUT TREND MICRO). Will ask if you want trial or give seriel number. Plug in the seriel number and your covered.

Won't work. I re-downloaded the trend micro for win 7 and entered my TM Pro key and got this message;
"You have entered a serial number for trend micro internet security pro, not trend micro internet security. Please provide a valid serial number for trend micro internet security, or visist Trend Micro to get the installer for trend micro internet security pro." :mad:

Back
Top Bottom