Windows 7 downloading problem

hamidreza58

hi
i have a big problem surffing the web , downloading is vey complecated for me . i use Ie8 as its on the windows 7
i chek my gmail or yahoo mail when i want to download the attached file after clicking on the download link nothing will happens no down load at all!!! if its an excel or word document file in my gmail i can clik on the link view az html then thee is a link that says download original file from thee by right clicking and choosing the" save target as" i can download the file ( wow) in yahoo email i never can download any file
also i have tried to download Skype but after opening the download page the alarm bar coms out and says for security we block this site to download the file, i clik on the bar and choos download file but nothing happens agin no download at all
i have tried to add yahoo and gmail and skype site in the trusted site zoon and then down load the file but again mothing happens i have turned pop up blocker off but no download again
i have turned auto block off but no download agin
whats wrong?????????
is it windows 7 problem or IE 8 i had xp befor with no problem but this new lap top is killing me
please help

Well, there may be some things to check. In Network and Sharing, what type of a network do you show?

Do you have a firewall and anti-virus and have you tried changing settings on that?

If you wait too long to click on the bar, the download will not occur.

Have you checked the actual download folder to see if anything shows up. Maybe write down the name of the file and search for it later.

There are lots of things on the Microsoft site to download, you might try something there since it will be safe. Let us know what you choose with a link so we can try it.

And you may need popups enabled is some situations.

Is there ever a security symbol at the bottom of the IE window and have you clicked on it for information?

Last edited:
hamidreza58,

Have you attempted to try to download content in an alternate browser for issue isolation purposes?

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Well, there may be some things to check. In Network and Sharing, what type of a network do you show?

Do you have a firewall and anti-virus and have you tried changing settings on that?

If you wait too long to click on the bar, the download will not occur.

Have you checked the actual download folder to see if anything shows up. Maybe write down the name of the file and search for it later.

There are lots of things on the Microsoft site to download, you might try something there since it will be safe. Let us know what you choose with a link so we can try it.

And you may need popups enabled is some situations.

Is there ever a security symbol at the bottom of the IE window and have you clicked on it for information?
yes i have NOD32 antivirus and i even unistal it and tried no download at all i have to download the fie by right cliking and choosing save target as in some link and for other downloads like skyp i cant download at all as when i choose download the file from the alert bar nothing happens i do that imidiatly after its appears so not after a long time im not an amature in computer ,
i have triede to turn any security off and they are all off but againdownloading problem frm the link i for got to tell that my windows 7 is 64bit and professional version
is it something wrong with this?
also when no downloading downloaf folder is empty ;) you gotta be kidding me
im thinking about to go bak for XP

Back
Top Bottom