Windows 7 Driver crashing (KFA2 GTX 580 Anarchy Ed.)

Lunarpac

Hello people!

I recently updated my drivers at the same time as I bought a new case for my computer, but after installing the components in the new case I have issues with the driver crashing all the time. It's seemingly at random, might be after 2 hours or right after booting. Sometimes there's graphical artifacts and tearing even during boot. I've also done a ton of updates through windows update.

This is the error message I get:
"Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version xxx.xx stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

I've tried several drivers so far, 301.42, 296.10, and 295.73 (all after uninstalling all driver stuff except PhysX in control panel, and using DriverSweeper to clean the files). None of these drivers seem to resolve the situation.

I realize that I may have been stupid enough to fry the circuits when moving the components into the new case, but as I was hooked up to an unpainted part of the case with an ESD-bracerthingy (brand new), and the KFA2 GTX 580 Anarchy Edition doesn't have any circuits exposed (it's mostly covered in fans and a metal backplate), this scenario seems like a long shot (at least I hope it is). Everything shows up fine in GPU-Z, and there seems to be nothing weird about the card physically (I'm no expert at detecting fried circuits though, is it obvious and easy to see?). It also runs fine without the drivers in safe mode (with some "8.17.12.6309" driver from 2010, guessing it's on my MB's internal graphics then).

I guess this issue is caused by either fried circuits (through ESD), bad drivers, or bad PSU, but I'm no expert. sure I've built a couple of computers in my days, but I'm at a loss here. Does anyone have any idea why these issues arise? Or how I can solve them? I'd appreciate any help and input on this.

System specs:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3310 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Bios: American Megatrends Inc. 3202, 2012-02-17 (SMBIOS v. 2.6)
MB: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
RAM: Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB
PSU: Cooler Master GX Lite 700W PSU

Back