Windows 10 Driver Issue

Hello,

I am having issues with BSOD's. I have been using WinDebug to analyze the dump files and believe I have found the driver causing the issues, "dlcdcncm". The output from WinDbg is attached.

Also, I was able to use NirSoft InstalledDriverList to find the driver and it appears that the driver exists in the registry, however, the file specified by the ImagePath key in the registry does not exist.

Thanks, for the help.

Attachments

• Win Debug Output.txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 417
Drivers are not stored in registry, only information about them. Upload your dump files here so they can be analyzed.

I noticed after looking for the minidump files that the system has not actually written any recent memory dumps, even though it has been crashing frequently. I included a screenshot of my dump settings. Also, I scheduled a chckdsk to run on boot, but it runs about 62% and then crashes with the error message "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO".

upload_2017-7-8_21-16-39.png

That bsod typically means your system hive is corrupted. If you have system restores rolling back can sometimes resolve this, otherwise a reinstall will probably be required.

Neemo's right there. If the System Restore fails to work, and you attempt to reinstall your W10 via a Clean Install, it still may fail if you have a hardware failure such as a RAM memory stick(s) failure or a Hard Drive failure.:headache: If you're going to do that much work (a complete W10 OS reinstall), you might as well have the best possible chance of it working, right? :andwhat:

In that case, you need to test your hardware; either do it yourself or pay a licensed Tech to do it for you. If you decided to do it yourself, and especially if you've never done it before, take a look at the free TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE I wrote available here: Windows 10 - Unclickable Task Bar
This Guide gives you easy to follow step-by-step instructions you need in order to test your hardware.

In the majority of cases, this will solve the kind of problem you have (especially if what Neemo suspects is true and your Windows Hive is corrupted!). Bear in mind that if your computer is a laptop or table and is over 2 years old, that hard drives failures are VERY likely as hard drives in modern computers (c.>2009) are only designed to work for 2 years tops! :eek:

Best of luck to you,:encouragement:
<<BIGBEARJEDI>> :usa:

Back
Top Bottom