Windows 10 Driver Issues???

Hi

Read through this, and look under System Devices in Device Manager and see if you find it listed there.

If so try the options listed in this post, see if any of them help.

Drivers - Cannot find Realtek in my Device Manager

Mike

The weird thing is that I find many posts about this problem going back to Windows 7 and I think that every one of them is on a Asus computer.

This is what is listed under system devices:
2u3zevk.png

As for that forum, isn't it that my problem and his/her problem is different? I can't find "Realtek Digital output" under playback devices or device manager. He/She can't find anything related to realtek in device manager???

Windows 10 - Driver Issues???
In that video, my laptop and his laptop both have audio out jack (SPDIF). But in his system, digital output is visible...

Hey, did you ignore my Post about upgrading your BIOS?? You're continuing to ask questions about why your sound isn't working, but you haven't followed our instructions to fix it? Why not? :zoned:

BBJ

Hey, did you ignore my Post about upgrading your BIOS?? You're continuing to ask questions about why your sound isn't working, but you haven't followed our instructions to fix it? Why not? :zoned:

BBJ

Because you said it's risky right? Plus I will have to give it to the company support... My problem is that I can't see realtek digital output listed under playback devices although the specifications say 1xspdif...

Is the same problem listed under biosv206 which v209 seems to correct? And how to update BIOS??? When I flash BIOS...after that??

Also I have combo audio jack: How To Use The Combo Audio Jack On Laptops - Pcnexus

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for responding to that inquiry. It doesn't matter whether it's listed as a bug-fix or not. Professional Technicians know that this is the process to follow; you do not. No offense. Here's a link on how to flash your BIOS; general ASUS laptop, not for your specific model:
how to flash your bios on an asus laptop? - Bing video

After you've completed the BIOS flash, like the video above reboot your computer, and go into the BIOS using <F2> key or similar for your model (consult your Owners Manual for exact key to use; every BIOS is different). Make sure you updated to v209; it should show that on the home or landing page of the BIOS screen. If it's the new correct version (v209), you did it right and you're good to go!:up: Reboot your laptop and retest your sound. Check to see if your Realtek installed driver in Device Manager looks right; it should have more devices as per my earlier post. If it does, the outdated BIOS was the problem. ;)

If the problem persists, and the sound driver isn't displaying the right devices there's a good chance your Mobo is faulty and the unit needs to be returned the place your purchased it at for factory repair/depot repair/exchange/refund. You haven't yet mentioned whether you purchased this laptop from a retail store or from an online reseller etc. That might tell us more.

If the BIOS flash fails, and you are stuck at the old v206 version, then you either did it wrong or the Mobo is faulty, which has the same end result: you'll have to take the laptop back to wherever you bought it and get them to fix/replace/refund it. Period.

As a sidebar, when you do the BIOS flash incorrectly, you may never be able to boot your laptop again as it can be easily bricked!:headache: That's why I recommended if you've never done it before to carefully consider the consequences!:worry: It is very risky for sure. Another thing you might consider is calling up ASUS and talking to their tech support. Some manufacturer's consider BIOS flashing during the 1st year of warranty coverage a warranty violation, and they will not repair it for free.:sosad: If you then brick your Mobo attempting to do so, they won't repair it nor replace the Mobo with a new one!:waah: Personally, and I'll say it again, I'd recommend you get this done professionally, find out from ASUS or the Tech (if you take it to one) whether a bricked Mobo from a failed BIOS flash is covered under the warranty for your model laptop or not. If you were bringing it to me to fix, that's how I would do it.

If they don't cover it, and most laptop makers these days do not cover it, you have a $275-$1500 repair on your hands to fix it. :waah: This discussion is for you, and not everyone. The fact that you are asking us how to Flash a BIOS tells us you've probably not ever done it before, and thus all the cautioning. I've had customers try this and fail, and they get very very very upset when they brick their $1,0000 new, less than 1 year old laptop!! :waah::waah:

Let us know how it goes.
BBJ

Hi

Well, I admit I don't have any idea what's going on, I was under the impression at first that the sound didn't work, but since it does I guess it would help if you said exactly what you are trying to do, are you trying to plug your laptop into external speakers?

You do have High Definition Audio Controller shown under system devices and the link I gave you said to try uninstalling it and rebooting if it doesn't work.

There are also several messages about how to install it if it isn't there.

Mike

@BIGBEARJEDI

He says his sound is working, but he doesn't have a driver for digital output as far as I can understand it.

I assume he want's to plug into some kind of external speaker that uses digital input, but my speakers all use a normal speaker jack, the only thing I have that uses digital audio is my TV and amplifier.

The sound from my computer to my stereo goes through an HDMI cable.

Last edited:
Hi

Well, I admit I don't have any idea what's going on, I was under the impression at first that the sound didn't work, but since it does I guess it would help if you said exactly what you are trying to do, are you trying to plug your laptop into external speakers?

You do have High Definition Audio Controller shown under system devices and the link I gave you said to try uninstalling it and rebooting if it doesn't work.

There are also several messages about how to install it if it isn't there.

Mike

@BIGBEARJEDI

He says his sound is working, but he doesn't have a driver for digital output as far as I can understand it.

I assume he want's to plug into some kind of external speaker that uses digital input, but my speakers all use a normal speaker jack, the only thing I have that uses digital audio is my TV and amplifier.

The sound from my computer to my stereo goes through an HDMI cable.

Ok.. Please see this image :

291130d1382724295t-realtek-hd-audio-manager-buzzing-noise-playback-audio-manager.png

Do you see "Digital output" tab? You see right?

Now consider my laptop's case:
Untitled.png

No digital output tab because, it's not appearing in playback devices:

2qjkv9d.png

Now see the video below carefully. That guy has digital output device listed. Also note his PC's specs...

Now see my specs:
Ports: 1 x Microphone-in jack
1 x Headphone-out jack (1 x SPDIF) (Audio-in Combo)
3 x USB 3.0 port(s)
1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
1 x HDMI
1 x mini Display Port

Shouldn't I also have that device listed? But why is it not?

That's my question, not that the sound is not working. Sound is working fine...

Last edited:
Yes but did you try the suggestions for installing it.

You still didn't say what you are trying to use it for, that may have something to do with it's not showing.

Some things don't show up until you plug something into it.

Last edited:
Yes but did you try the suggestions for installing it.

You still didn't say what you are trying to use it for, that may have something to do with it's not showing.

Some things don't show up until you plug something into it.

How?
Flashing the BIOS or uninstalling audio system device and then rebooting?

I tried plugging HDMI into my Laptop, and HDMI popped up in playback devices. Now "Digital Output" is used to make analog sound of speakers come from another system, right? When I plugged HDMI, I was not able to use my Laptop's audio.. So If I plug SPDIF cable, will "Realtek Digital Output" pop up the same way?

In above video that guy has not connected anything initially, but he is also getting digital output option. My neighbour has lenovo y50-70, and his playback devices show "Realtek Digital Output" ready everytime...

Edit: I am going to college today so my next reply may come late. Thanks..

Last edited:
Thanks, bass!! My point exactly!!:die: OP still hasn't upgraded his BIOS. He thinks there is a software solution, so he may be with us for awhile until he re-reads our thread-line.

BBJ

Will it catch the digital output device automatically (will that device pop up in playback devices) the moment I plug SPDIF cable in the combo jack? If not then upgrading BIOS is my only take..

If you just plug a cable then no but a smart device (made for computers) sends info to the motherboard that basically says "hello i'm a headphone or a camera etc" and the motherboard assigns it resources ... Assuming the board has a driver for that device then yes it gets displayed in the device manager as (whatever) from that point.

If you just plug a cable then no but a smart device (made for computers) sends info to the motherboard that basically says "hello i'm a headphone or a camera etc" and the motherboard assigns it resources ... Assuming the board has a driver for that device then yes it gets displayed in the device manager as (whatever) from that point.

Thanks. Looks like I'll have to check it. Why do other laptops I have seen (Lenovo y50) show "Digital Output Device" listed under playback devices ? Is it because mine is combo audio jack?

Is it because mine is combo audio jack?
no its one part what audio chip the makers installed and one part is the software going to support that... the jack (still useful) is just a plug.

for example my Asus tp500l has a realtek chip so i can load the MaxxAudio software onto my w8.1 side and play any h-def music that floots my boat however on the wx side I'm stuck with crap Microsoft drivers until someone decides its worth the effort... I like the sonicmaster sound so its a non-issue for me.

But in this video below that guy has same config as mine, 1xspdif, but he has "Digital Output" listed under speakers in playback device. In my laptop it's not listed. Why?

His laptop:

• Interface
    1 x Microphone-in jack
    1 x Headphone-out jack (SPDIF)
    1 x VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor
    2 x USB 3.0 port(s) (Optional)
    2 x USB 2.0 port(s)
    1 x HDMI
  • Audio
    Built-in Speakers And Microphone
    Bang & Olufsen ICEpower®
    SonicMaster
My laptop:

• Interface
    1 x Microphone-in jack
    1 x Headphone-out jack (1 x SPDIF) (Audio-in Combo)
    3 x USB 3.0 port(s)
    1 x HDMI
    1 x mini Display Port
  • Audio
    Built-in 2 Speaker(s) And Microphone
    ICEpower®
    ASUS SonicMaster Technology

that video is for Asus n75sf ... it has Realtek Audio Drivers | chip
your Asus G551VW does not have Realtek Audio Drivers | chip i.e, they are different

are we still talking about an Asus G551VW laptop? that screenshot says desktop... I would register the system with Asus to auto confirm the parts then contact their support for the correct drivers | manual

Back
Top Bottom