Windows 10 Driver Issues???

I downloaded all the drivers from here (ROG G551VW - SUPPORT) already... Now?

Edit: I read that realtek digital output device converts analog sound from a source and converts them to signals or "waves" which are displayed on PC screen. Then this has nothing to do with spdif cable right? And how to check if I really have that device?

Please help me out someone.

Last edited:
I appear to have missed your reply amongst yesterdays shuffle sorry Sankalp.

I'm not sure why you don't want to register your laptop with Asus but here is the thing... Different makers use different parts and that offen means a laptop will have several variations of models and when you register the laptop this loggs exactly which motherboard etc you actually have.

Drivers; you always install the chipset first then audio (Version V6.0.1.7640 Or Version V6.0.1.7599 ) and at least in theory "Intel Management Engine Interface" | "Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Driver" are able to clear the blockage but I can't recommend installing any chipset driver until you confirm the motherboard because that could damage the laptop if its the wrong one.

Not to mention that installing a NEW set of Chipset drivers on a known outdated BIOS (we've clearly established this needs to be updated) can also Brick a Motherboard. o_O We've given the OP a solution and a path to get there; he's choosing not to follow it. Not much we can do at this point.:rolleyes:

BBJ

@
MikeHawthorne

I don't need to plug anything. "Realtek digital output" appears on playback devices even when you don't plug anything into the laptop. It sends digital out and feeds into the receiver which will convert that digital signal from laptop into analog sound.. I don't have that listed under playback device...

@
ussnorway

In India ASUS doesn't provide on spot service. I have already downloaded all the chipset drivers it had to provide..Version V6.0.1.7640 realtek audio driver , "Intel Management Engine Interface" | "Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Driver etc..
@
BIGBEARJEDI

Specifications say
that my laptop supports spdif out. Now spdif won't work without sending digital out of the jack. Apparently I don't have "digital output" device listed under playback device. Even HDMI audio requires that. I see I have two options:

1. Test HDMI and SPDIF and see if the digital signal from my laptop gets converted to analog on the receiver..
2. Update BIOS to v209....But that can make things worse if not done properly so I am reluctant on that... :(

Realtek audio normally has two parts;

The basic mixer as used by the system speakers (sonicmaster echoes against the laptop case) and the point of this is so you can still hear the skype phone ring when playing Doom.
The second mixer is attached to the jack-plug for when you have headphone etc plugged in and this software tries to adjust the sound for best results based on pre-set defaults.
Screenshot (37).png

When you plug something into the jack plug that is NOT a smart device the system should normally ask you to select what it is that you included.
Screenshot (36).png

P.s, your laptop is different to mine (aimed at gaming) so its possible the software on yours works different.

That's right. Now the image you posted is from your PC I take it?? Look at that. In realtek HD audio manager you have Speakers and microphone tabs but no "realtek digital output" tab.

I want to know why???

I just tried downloading the latest generic drivers with codecs from Realtek website (v2.79) on my 8 yr. old Sony laptop. The Realtek HD Audio Manager app did NOT get installed on my Sony. So, that could be an issue with the manufacturer not including the hardware in their onboard audio chip to work with the HD Audio Manager app, I don't know. But, it clearly didn't work with mine.:(

It appears to me that since you are not getting the digital output items even after your flashed your BIOS to v2.09 as we requested you to do, that your Motherboard is defective:waah:. You'll need to take remedy as I posted earlier and return it to your place of purchase for an exchange/refund. At least now, you've tried all the possible fixes available. There is nothing else to do except get a new Motherboard for the laptop or replace it with another one.:lightbulb: I certainly wouldn't recommend buying another ROG laptop.

BBJ

Thanks everyone.

That's what I am gonna do now.. My neighbour in my college has lenovo y50-70 and his realtek audio manager is showing "realtek digital output" as playback device. I am going to install the audio driver in my laptop and see if that changes anything. If yes, then that means it's just driver/software issue and digital output will work nonetheless. If not, I will check if digital output will work anyway....

Here's my screen shot of my RealTek HD Audio Manager....

Realtek Audio Mgr.PNG

As you can clearly see, mine is showing the Digital Output. This is "ONLY" because my mobo has those ports. So apperantly your device doesn't have those ports and thus, it's not showing up in you Realtek Audio Mgr.

Hello again..

I checked y50-70 driver audio and some settings did change however no digital output still. What I don't understand is that my specifications say I have SPDIF jack and giving spdif is meaningless if my mobo doesn't have ports for digital output. I think device is still there just not on realtek chip. Any ideas? I have to check that out.

Hello again..

I checked y50-70 driver audio and some settings did change however no digital output still. What I don't understand is that my specifications say I have SPDIF jack and giving spdif is meaningless if my mobo doesn't have ports for digital output. I think device is still there just not on realtek chip. Any ideas? I have to check that out.
Have you tried uninstalling the device and drivers, going ot realtek.com.tw and trying their drivers. The HiDef ones not AC97. You have nothing to lose at this stage. May I also suggest you check the bios settings and double check the device isn't configured as AC97 in the bios. My bet is on using realteks drivers and not the ones from ASUS

Have you tried uninstalling the device and drivers, going ot realtek.com.tw and trying their drivers. The HiDef ones not AC97. You have nothing to lose at this stage. May I also suggest you check the bios settings and double check the device isn't configured as AC97 in the bios. My bet is on using realteks drivers and not the ones from ASUS

Where are those drivers? Can't find.. Help..

That's irrelevant as to what the specs say. Have you physically checked for any of those ports on your laptop?

Why is that irrelevant? Please explain. And no I haven't seen my motherboard.

no "realtek digital output" tab.

I want to know why???
my laptop is the ln which is analog only... well tech the hdmi port can output a digital but if I really wanted a 7.1 sound system the
Xonar u3 | u7 would be a good pick.

Back