Windows 10 Driver Issues???

@
ussnorway

So you say my PC also supports only analog but however by connecting HDMI port I can make digital signals come out? Why SPDIF is given in my PC? It just sends my PC audio via a receiver. That does require "digital output" built in right?

@
nmsuk

It says page has been shifted and sends me back to AC97 drivers...

So you say my PC also supports only analog
I said mine does... you wont register yours so we don't know however we can ask the operating system what type of plug it detects.

Screenshot (52).png
Screenshot (53).png

Why SPDIF is given in my PC?

S/PDIF - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this means a round plug about X long... it can be anologue, digital or even both.

That does require "digital output" built in right?
wrong.
a digital signal is really just a red light and has no value to anyone until you convert the signal into something that comes out as sound... the value of a digital cable is speed | distance so if the laptop user sits at the back of a theater adjusting sounds coming out on the stage in real time then yes it is worth it.
ime a lot of noise was made about digital vs analogue 7.1 or 5.1 but the dirty truth is most (99.99%) humans can't detect any difference from systems in their own homes.

Here:
Untitled.png

And how can spdif work without digital output? How can analog sound of speakers of laptop gets to the receiver "analog" without the conversion into digital first ? I am not talking about just optical spdif. It can be any spdif..

Let me register my PC and get back ASAP..

Last edited:
Please can anyone read it? Anyone?? I registered by laptop and found that it does not have spdif.... This laptop has option for spdif however my model doesn't have it. I also found that it doesn't have digital output as well. Y50 has spdif hence digital output....

Can someone answer my next question now if infact anyone sees this thread???

Bump.... :(

And how can spdif work without digital output? How can analog sound of speakers of laptop gets to the receiver "analog" without the conversion into digital first ? I am not talking about just optical spdif. It can be any spdif..
I'm pretty sure Spdif is a digital output:
Everything You Need to Know About the SPDIF Connection - Hardware Secrets

Company's logo is missing in my system properties...i.e. oem logo....

Logo as in http://www.tipsdotcom.com/images/change-system-properties-logo-01.jpg

How to get it back..?
Your lappie should have a recovery mode which will return it back to factory defaults (if the laptop originally came with windows 7 and then you upgraded to windows 10 we may have to try something else)
That's what i would first check, returning to factory defaults. Your system support page may have more information about accessing this process.

Back