Windows 7 Driver Notice

They'll release a fix or something in time im sure.:)
After all until 22nd Oct,it's still classed as a beta.

All very true... I'll keep my eye's open in case I see something that looks like a fix of sorts..

Well im very perplexed.
I wiped everything on the partition,and did a fresh install,of Windows 7,installed the catalyst control centre.
I emphasise the resolution was 1156xwhatever to start with,so after installing the catalyst control centre,i right clicked on the icon,set desktop area to 1024x768,and waited with bated breath,the screen went blank for a second then WAHEY! 1024x768!
I've got the right resolution with Aero.:D
But there's definitely something amiss,if i have to reinstall an OS to get the right resolution.:confused:

Perhaps the first install wasn't as clean as you thought but now this has been remedied... Good news anyway :D

Nope! It's deeper than that,i've had the same problem everytime i install it,which has been about 8 - 10 times.
Something's up.:confused:
With the ATI driver working,it's a little flakier than without it.

You never did check up on the bios did you? Now may be prudent?

Well finally i did a Windows update on Fri nite and there was an update for ATI Radeon HD2400 pro.
The screen went black for about 7 seconds,then Woohoo! superb my problem has been rectified.:D
She's crashed a couple of times this weekend,but there's a marked improvement on stability.

Excellent! That windows update utility does come in handy sometimes lol... Glad your all sorted, well apart from the crashes but like you say..it's an improvement.

Im running the RTM build 7600 which i class as a beta,as it's not on general release yet.
Saying that Vista was released into 7600 if my memory serves me correctly.
Something strange just happened,i just had a box saying new hardware detected and did another score.
I haven't put any new hardware in since my PCI express card,long before this new OS.

Last edited:
Realtek RTL 8139x10

My sound card driver could do with an update,my sound is a little distorted 7/10.
It's a real pain in the arse.

I find the sound to be very particular in Windows 7.. I can't quite put my finger on it but I find even if your using the top of the line sound cards the sound just doesn't sound as good as it should.. ;) Hopefully some new drivers will solve the problem..

(Wow, I just said sound too many times.. ;) )

Back