Windows 7 Driver updates

tanzanos

I am using Win7 x64
I run Driver Robot and it showed that I had 32 outdated drivers? Windows hardware manager shows all drivers to be updated. What does this mean?

How can I be sure I have all drivers up to date?:confused:

I would only consider their report.. they want you to buy their software ... so like Norton and every other AV program screams and reports "oh my God ! you have 221 viruses" then you look and it's only harmless cookies.

I've run the full verson of a couple of those programs and let them have their way... and even after running them 3 or 4 times they still report that they have found new drivers. Also, when the install drivers they sometimes leave the new ones sitting in a "fileRepository" folder and don't actually copy/move the drivers to \system32\drivers where windows will use them.

Check your administrative logs under Event Viewer / custom... that will let you know if windows doesn't like something or if a driver is timing out without loading.

Device manager almost always says everything is ok.. unless it's pretty much totally dead.. then it will throw up the yellow triangle.

Driver Detective and driver Robot are the two biggest loads of trouble making crap on the internet. My opinion.

I am using Win7 x64
I run Driver Robot and it showed that I had 32 outdated drivers? Windows hardware manager shows all drivers to be updated. What does this mean?

How can I be sure I have all drivers up to date?:confused:

You can download 7 drivers and install them manually.

~~~~~

1. Control Panel > Device Manager
2. Check how many of you hardware devices have yellow color
3. Click on each yellowed device > Driver > Update > Check Internet

~~~~~

You can also install Vista drivers in Vista compatible mode, but it is a very good idea to install/update with legacy 7 drivers if available.

I keep a list of hardware sites that have my necessary drivers such as Intel, Nvidia, and so forth. Periodically, I go check for updates. It's not much trouble and works for me. I'll admit I'm rather compulsive about keeping drivers updated and will update whether I have a "problem" or not.

You can download 7 drivers and install them manually.

~~~~~

1. Control Panel > Device Manager
2. Check how many of you hardware devices have yellow color
3. Click on each yellowed device > Driver > Update > Check Internet

~~~~~

You can also install Vista drivers in Vista compatible mode, but it is a very good idea to install/update with legacy 7 drivers if available.
None of my drivers show to be outdated in hardware devices. But! Does Win7 actually check to see that all hardware drivers are up to date?

None of my drivers show to be outdated in hardware devices. But! Does Win7 actually check to see that all hardware drivers are up to date?

No.. once they decide the driver works it takes manual steps to get them to let go.

Go to hardware web site for driver updates

If you know the hardware that is in your PC, I recommend you go the hardware manufacturer's web site and download the driver updates for Win 7. If you don't know what hardware you have, go to computer, properties and run the device manager. You can scroll thru the listing and see what hardware you have. I had to update drivers for Nvidia, ATI and Asus utilities. I received a message on one PC that ATI Catalyst Manager was not compatible with Win 7 and needed to be uninstalled before update. I also had error messages on my ASUS motherboard utilities. My TV tuner card would not work in Media Center....I just went to Hardware devices and clicked update driver and it fixed that problem. I just went to the support section of their web sites and downloaded and installed the driver updates. All my errors where fixed.

Back
Top Bottom