Windows 7 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Moon Cutter

Hi, ive been getting the blue screen lately and if im right i think ive located the driver responsable, its ymctidu.sys in (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ymctidu.sys) ive searched it up on google but havent found anything relating to it. ive tried deleting it and it but it said Can't read from source file of disk. tried deleting it with command prompt and it said a device attached to the system is not functioning. Here are the dump files.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hello and welcome.

1) You have some form of malware attached to your network stack.

Boot to safe mode, navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and delete this file, then reboot:

ymctidu ymctidu.sys Fri Sep 17 12:33:58 2010

Then run Malwarebytes after updating definitions to scan the machine and remove all it finds.

2) Update Realtek lan driver:

Code:
1: kd> lmvm rt86win7
start    end        module name
8f545000 8f56a000   Rt86win7 T (no symbols)           
    Loaded symbol image file: Rt86win7.sys
    Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Rt86win7.sys
    Image name: Rt86win7.sys
    Timestamp:        Thu Feb 26 04:04:22 2009 (49A65B16)
    CheckSum:         0002BDEF
    ImageSize:        00025000
    Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
RTL8111

3) Uninstall Daemon Tools normally. Then use this installer/uninstaller, being careful to click on Uninstall while using, to remove sptd.sys:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

ive tried to dlete the system file ymctidu.sys but im unable to.
ive tried deleting it and it but it said Can't read from source file of disk.
Tried deleting it with command prompt and it said a device attached to the system is not functioning.
As for Realtek Ian Driver how do i go about in updating it?

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Ya, you tried this that and the other thing, but you never said you tried in safe mode nor ran Malwarebytes.

Run the auto installation installer for the Realtek.

yh sorry my bad tried in safe mode and same results. and ive been running malwarebytes for the last 1h and 4min scanning (C:)

as for realtek you mean this one?
Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Driver

No, I mean the one I said.

Anyhow, you really should forget all that and use Killdisk to wipe the drive clean. Then install Windows 7 fresh.

That's my advice from here on out. Nothing else to say or do....it's the only way to proceed with any degree of professionalism.

Good luck and enjoy the new install when it's complete.

hello moon cutter,
you need to go in to safe mode as the driver might not be in use if you do,safe mode is f8 just after bios and before windows load screen.
i am trying to see what going on with mine,my advice,try taking out all your pci-e gear if you can and see if it works for longer.

i dont think its the RAM (although ill run the test anyway)
i think its the ymctidu.sys system file because when safe mode was loading up the drivers it was one of them.
So it makes sence that the blue screen occurs because of it, as well as it being mentioned in the blue screen itself.
Ive just had a few blue screens so ill post them up.
Tell me what you think and thank you for your help this far.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Please stop trying to extract unprofessional advice. Also, we are not a tool for you to use until you gain something you want to hear, instead.

Here is your professional advice from before:

"Anyhow, you really should forget all that and use Killdisk to wipe the drive clean. Then install Windows 7 fresh.

That's my advice from here on out. Nothing else to say or do....it's the only way to proceed with any degree of professionalism.

Good luck and enjoy the new install when it's complete."

-------------

And you didn't even have to pay for it. No further crash dumps please, as you already have been shown what you need to do.

Back