Windows 7 Drivers

matchlock

Hi folks.

I'm hoping you can help.

I am running Windows 7 Professional.

I have two monitors.

1: Samsung 910T on the right which is numbered by Windows, monitor # 1, and...
2: Viewsonic 32inch HDTV monitor on the left which designated by Windows as monitor # 2

In the Device Manager they both show up as generic PnPlay Monitors. Can I assume the first one listed in the device mamager is the number 1 monitor?

Now for the main problem.
When I try to upgrade the driver (which is a Microsoft Driver) it comes back and says that the best driver for this monitor is already installed.

1. Should I try to override this and install the proper Viewsonic Driver for this monitor, and........
2. Can someone help me figure out how to override this and install the proper driver.

Many thanks for any assistance.

Bud M.

I have two monitors.

1: Samsung 910T on the right which is numbered by Windows, monitor # 1, and...
2: Viewsonic 32inch HDTV monitor on the left which designated by Windows as monitor # 2

In the Device Manager they both show up as generic PnPlay Monitors. Can I assume the first one listed in the device mamager is the number 1 monitor?

Control Panel > Screen > Display resolution can tell you which is which.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for the main problem.
When I try to upgrade the driver (which is a Microsoft Driver) it comes back and says that the best driver for this monitor is already installed.

1. Should I try to override this and install the proper Viewsonic Driver for this monitor, and........
2. Can someone help me figure out how to override this and install the proper driver.

Many thanks for any assistance.

Bud M.

Those generic pnp drivers are usually fine.

First, make sure that you have the right 7 compatible drivers for your monitors. Then:

1). If the driver is an installer file, then simply run it. It'll automatically perform the necessary actions to install it.

2). If it is a zipped file, extract it to a folder. Device manager > Right click on your monitor > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Browse to the folder with the extracted driver files

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Hello;

Thanks, I tried all that but it just comes back and say the best drivers are already installed. However, I cannot get the 1366 X 768 I used to have with a different graphics card.

SHould I DELETE the driver that is there now and THEN try to install a driver?

Back
Top Bottom