Windows 7 drivers

Peterr

Fantastic Member
Hello Windows 7 Home premium, i5, 1T, 3.30 GHz, 6 GB Ram.

I was recently reading a Windows tutorial and it said to click; devices and printers, right click the pc, and select 'device installation settings'.
Then be sure the choice is default or have Windows automatically find drivers and icons for me.

This is contrary to what I was taught that you should leave drivers alone unless you are having a problem.

Which would you prefer?

Thank you

For me, it sort of depends on the relation between the OS date and the drivers release date. If the manufacturer has drivers for that OS, I will normally use them. The reason, in some instances, the Windows drivers could be just a plain vanilla version and not fully support the device.

For me, it sort of depends on the relation between the OS date and the drivers release date. If the manufacturer has drivers for that OS, I will normally use them. The reason, in some instances, the Windows drivers could be just a plain vanilla version and not fully support the device.

>>Thank you - let's see what others have to say

If things are going smooth I don't usually upgrade unless there is a problem. I fried a video card going for the newest driver. It had a defect that messed up the fan speed. I recently updated most of mine when I was having a BSOD problem that was complicated and it was necessary to update to eliminate potentialconflicts.
Joe.

So do you all leave the default as I staed in my first post allowing Windows to replace drivers, or change it to no?

If possible I get the driver from the manufacturer. MS doesn't always have the latest drivers.
Joe

If possible I get the driver from the manufacturer. MS doesn't always have the latest drivers.
Joe

>>Please read my post#1 and let me know if you get the opportunity to use the manufacturer or does MS automatically update the driver.
Thank you

Back