Windows 7 Dual-Boot

boblink

Hi, I performed a clean install of W7 on my system and am having problems (re)installing some of my software programs and apps so I thought that I would re-install Vista and have a Dual-Boot system to clear up these issues and would appreciate help as to the best way to install Vista on a W7 system. FYI, I have 2 separate HDD and am using W7 Home Premium.
Thanks,
Bob

Hi, I performed a clean install of W7 on my system and am having problems (re)installing some of my software programs and apps so I thought that I would re-install Vista and have a Dual-Boot system to clear up these issues and would appreciate help as to the best way to install Vista on a W7 system. FYI, I have 2 separate HDD and am using W7 Home Premium.
Thanks,
Bob
Just me but if I wanted to ensure dual-boot with two HD's, I'd disable the HD with Win7 and install Vista on the other. Then I'd reconnect the second HD and use BootItNG (trial available) to select which OS you want to boot. You can temporarily hide the Vista partition when booting Win7 and hide the Win7 partition when booting Vista. At some time, you can unhide Vista in the Win7 boot and be able to see all of your Vista files and data.

Back
Top Bottom