Windows 7 Duel soundcards

varazir

Hello

I have 2 soundcards in my system, on board and one USB.
I like to assign my programs to each soundcard can it be done ?

Or a easy way to change the primary soundcard

//Daniel

You cannot achieve this from the control panel. Only if the application itself allows you to select audio source in it's settings. Maybe there is a 3rd party program that can do this but I doubt it. Maybe someone else can reveal some way.

Hi

What is the advantage of having two sound cards?

I've never heard of anyone using two sound cards at the same time.

Mike

Hi

What is the advantage of having two sound cards?

I've never heard of anyone using two sound cards at the same time.

Mike

I have a sound card separate from the on board one. I use it for video editing programs. It gives me MUCH better sound output.

Is it because you have a lap top?
You can't just have a good internal sound card?

Mike

No it's a desktop. That's what I have... a good internal one. Maybe I misunderstood... now that I'm re-reading the original post, I don't know what he meant by a "USB" sound card... did he mean internal PCI or some external sound card?

Hi zvit

I meant is his computer a laptop?, I don't see why he has two sound cards.

I don't see any reason to not just have one good internal sound card if it is a desktop, why switch back and forth.

I didn't even know that there was such a thing as an external USB sound card...

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...=aps&hvadid=4296748439&ref=pd_sl_1iu7ljl5y7_e

But apparently there is.

Anyway you might be able to switch back and forth by right clicking on the desktop and selecting personalize, then sounds, I don't know if it will show options for more then one sound card or not, because I've never seen a setup like that, but it's where I switch my output from my computer speakers to Hdmi output for my HD TV.

Mike

Back