Windows 7 DVD drive not recognized (again)!

Euzkadi

Sorry to trouble anyone, but I'm having a bit of a problem with my DVD drives not being recognized. In a prior post, one of the fellows on this stream (Randy) solved the problem I'm having by suggesting that I edit the Upper and Lower Filters in the Registry. Unfortunatley, I've lost this information. If Randy (or whoever might have an answer) is about, I sure would appreciate receiving that information again. This time, I'll put it in a Jump Drive and lock in a safe!!!
Thanks for the help...:curious:

Sorry to trouble anyone, but I'm having a bit of a problem with my DVD drives not being recognized. In a prior post, one of the fellows on this stream (Randy) solved the problem I'm having by suggesting that I edit the Upper and Lower Filters in the Registry. Unfortunatley, I've lost this information. If Randy (or whoever might have an answer) is about, I sure would appreciate receiving that information again. This time, I'll put it in a Jump Drive and lock in a safe!!!
Thanks for the help...:curious:

Im unsure what link Randy gave you but this one dealw with win 7. [Solved] Upper Lower filters - DVD-CD-Writers - Storage

I have also messaged Randy for you.

Ken

Thanks Ken, I'm unsure as well which link I might have provided. However;
Here are two from Microsoft to address such problems in Windows 7;
This one addresses the Upper and Lower filters issue and provides a fix it tool as well as instructions as to how to edit the registry manually if you perfer
Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs
And this one address some additional issues regarding reading and writing to media as well as other issues that may be preventing the device from working properly
Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media
@Euzkadi if you have found help in this forum before regarding issues that have been posted here, you can use the My Posts link from the menu bar above to search through your previous posts to help you recall the particular event or issue. I did that and it looks like perhaps it was actually a member named davehc who has provided a solution for you in the past that may have worked. The only post interaction that I could find between you and myself was a single suggestion that I made regarding preventing the Windows Update Utility from installing drivers on your system for your hardware devices.
Hope this helps
Regards
Randy

Back