Windows 7 dvd drive

atul

hi
i have installed windows 7 on my acer 4520 but problem is my dvd drive works for less than 12 hrs after installation i tried to reinstall many times but it is not working pc shows dvd drive mark but keeps on spinning dvd with out reading i tried to solve this problem through net but failed kindly help to solve my problem

Hello and welcome,

Sorry for all the questions, but........
In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32, look under the Components section for hardware identification
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it
3 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

The exact make and model of your motherboard would be of great help also.
Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version?
Was it a "clean" install or an upgrade?
Are you dual-booting?
Are you suing the official RC directly from Microsoft?
Did this occur immediately after install?
Do you recall installing any software that may have caused the problem?

There are several releated threads at the bottom of this page that you can look over also.

i tried troublshooting and it says device is now fixed but still dvd is not worling i checked for filters but there r no filters. i uninstalled dvd driver and restarted but after finding new installation through net dvd driver is still not working it just keeps on running. i tried formating my os so many times after new installation dvd driver works for few hours and doing same again

problem

hi i have big problem with my acer 4520 laptop. i was using windows 7 on it when dvd driver stoped working. so i ordered new driver after installing new driver i found that this new driver is also not working good so i planned to make dual boot with xp. i started installing xp and after installation windows started failing to start now i tried to reinstall xp but my dvd driver is not working.what options i have?

Back