Windows 7 DVD Driver Fix

ren274u

For those of you who try to use the DVD drive and get this annoying message:
Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52), try this.

1. Press Windows R, type regedit and press enter.
2. Open the Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
3. In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
4. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
5. In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.
6. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
Note After you remove the UpperFilters registry entry and the LowerFilters registry entry, you may lose functionality in certain programs such as CD recording programs. In this scenario, you must reinstall any affected programs. If the problem recurs, contact the program vendor to determine whether an update is available for the program.
It worked fine for me.

I removed upper filters previously from a fix I read somewhere else and removed some driver that was loaded over the cd-rom driver that had to do with itunes or something. Cd-rom then showed up for me but still didn't work. no Auto-play or nothing. gonna removed lower filters and give it a try.

I removed upper filters previously from a fix I read somewhere else and removed some driver that was loaded over the cd-rom driver that had to do with itunes or something. Cd-rom then showed up for me but still didn't work. no Auto-play or nothing. gonna removed lower filters and give it a try.
simply remove upper and lower filter and delete the drive from your device manager. then reboot. windows 7 will then automatically install your driver and it should work. don't mess with any applications. any application that does not recognize your drive afterwards must be re-installed.

no luck

Press Windows R ? when i try to run regedit in adiminastration mode Via Right click, i get an error code Saying

"properties cannot be opened. and error is preventing this key from being opened. details Access denied.

i also do not see any filter keys in the designated registry and cannot enter the properties folder with the same error popping up

Re: no luck

Thank you very much! was searching for correct drivers for ages and tried disabling/re-installing, and pretty much everything else...except what you suggested!
top man!
Keep up the good work :p

Back