Windows 7 DVDs created with Windows 7 Explorer won't run in DVD players

tomdice

I have created a 30 minute film clip of a family vacation, and I would like to burn it to a DVD so that it can be played on any home DVD player. Using Windows Explorer, I first insert the DVD in my drive and wait a bit for the box to appear asking how I wish to use the DVD. I click the radio-button for a DVD player, then proceed to select the file and burn. The burning proceeds okay and the DVD then will play in any computer BUT NOT ON A DVD PLAYER. Please suggest how I can overcome this. Thanks. Tom

Solution
To successfully create a DVD that plays on a DVD player, you typically need to create a DVD Video disc rather than just burning the file as-is onto a disc. Here's a general guide on how to create a DVD Video disc using Windows:
1. Convert Your Video to DVD Format: You need to convert your video file to a DVD-compatible format. Most DVD players support MPEG-2 format. There are several free and paid software tools available that can convert your video file to a DVD format.
2. Use DVD Authoring Software: After converting your video, you need DVD authoring software to create a DVD Video disc. Windows DVD Maker used to be a built-in tool for this in older versions, but it's no longer available in Windows 10. You can use...
To successfully create a DVD that plays on a DVD player, you typically need to create a DVD Video disc rather than just burning the file as-is onto a disc. Here's a general guide on how to create a DVD Video disc using Windows:
1. Convert Your Video to DVD Format: You need to convert your video file to a DVD-compatible format. Most DVD players support MPEG-2 format. There are several free and paid software tools available that can convert your video file to a DVD format.
2. Use DVD Authoring Software: After converting your video, you need DVD authoring software to create a DVD Video disc. Windows DVD Maker used to be a built-in tool for this in older versions, but it's no longer available in Windows 10. You can use third-party software like "DVD Flick" or "ImgBurn" to create your DVD Video. These tools offer menu creation, video encoding, and burning to DVD functionalities.
3. Burn the DVD: In your DVD authoring software, you typically have an option to burn the created DVD Video project to a disc. Make sure you use a blank DVD-R or DVD+R disc for best compatibility with DVD players.
By following these steps, you should be able to create a DVD Video disc that will play on standard DVD players at home. Make sure to check the compatibility of your DVD player with the disc type you are using (DVD-R, DVD+R) and the video format.

Solution
Back