DX11.1 for Windows 7

Discussion in 'Software Updates' started by kemical, Nov 14, 2012.

1. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Portions of DX11.1 are being made available to Windows 7 users via the new IE10 Preview for Windows 7. If you don't wish to use the browser but do want the extensions then a standalone is available here:

Download:

DirectX 11.1 and Windows 7 - Games for Windows and the DirectX SDK - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

2. Pauli

Pauli Extraordinary Member
    Premium Supporter

I downloaded and installed the DirectX 11 upgrade for Windows 7. Seems to work fine, I noticed it probably gave a bit of extra spice to my beloved one, the game Freelancer, Freelancer (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, the game originally being DirectX 8, or 9.

And HI ALL INFLUENTIAL FRIENDS HERE, going off topic: Came to think that the Freelancer community has hungered for the source code for this MICROSOFT game for years. No sequel is apparent, by Microsoft, but there's a heck of a lot of people willing to work on the project. And the game is well worth to be worked with. Being in good stand with Microsoft, you might be able to give a helping hand? It's really a win-win situation. :)