Windows 7 E-mail accounts

fincaman

Hello all, I recently posted about raid drivers but cured that problem myself, I have now installed win 7 pro but when I used easy transfer to transfer my settings It doesn't transfer my e-mails and accounts can anyone help? I have an even more bizzare problem when I try to create my accounts in live mail and get to the second winow "configure server settings" there is no "next" tab so I can't proceed. I do hope someone will answer this thread.

Regards

Kevin

Do you mean this screen. Next is greyed out until I hit the address box?

Assuming we are talking pop mail(?), have you put both the server addresses in. that is, incomin and outgoing?

Hello again, yes this is the screen, I know it's bizare but the cancel, back and next buttons simply aren't there, I have tried clicking in the general area in case it's a graphics prblem, do you think I need to reinstall winows live mail?

Regards

Kevin

Sorry M8, looks that way.I cannot see it is a graphics problem. Grab it here:
Windows Live Mail 2011

But go into the accounts section and export your accounts setup, and in the general options, and export your email first. Never know, maybe something there you need to refer to.

Suggestion. When setting up your account, in "Options" Mail settings. Go to the Advanced tab and select , under "maintenance" a store folder. Make this somewhere where it is not going to be deleted, say on another partition or HD . EIf ever you need to reinstall the OS, or Email, you can point to the folder and it will reload all your email and previous folders (junk deleted etc.)

Hello again, Your export suggestion IS a good idea, I'll just export all my accounts to another drive and then import when I boot from my new dual ssd raid system. I will let you know but it might be a few days as I have to get on with other things.

Regards

Kevin

Back