Windows 7 E-mails

fincaman

Hello all I have installed two ssd's in raid 0 configuration all I want to do is tranfer my e-mails from my old C drive, I tried easy transfer but it did not transfer my e-mails or accounts. I did what was previously suggested on this forum, I booted from my old C drive exported my e-mail accounts to a folder on another drive then booted from my new drive and imported them it worked, I got the accounts but no e-mails is this correct ? Where are e-mails kept in win 7 if I could find them I could copy them to a folder then copy them to windows live on my new C drive

as far as im aware the actaul emials them self are stored on a server database as apossed to the pc itself, this is why you can access your emails from any place on the website itself, have you tried the send and recieve to resync the emails?

My Live Emails are stored on my computer.
Try this, fincaman. It is possible you did not select an all important option. This is my procedure, which I am sure you followed. First, this is mandatory, create an empty folder somewhere.
In the drop down menu (Top left) I select "Export Email", then "Email Messages" (NOT accounts)
Click "Next"
Select "Windows LIve Mail"
Next
Select the empty folder you have just created.
Next
Your choice, all folders or selcted. All is a wise choice.
This may take a minute.
Go to your new disk and reverse the procedure. All the sections (inbox; deleted;etc, should be there.

Last edited:
Hello All, thanks for all your advice I have succeeded and am using my new system. First of all some explanation of how I work, I never keep data on my C: drive it is all kept on my other drives this makes it easier when I revamp my computer and am now using two SSD's in a raid 0 configuration. I do HD video editing so I need a high spec computer, here is how I did it. I didn't want to use easy transfer because it transfers a lot of baggage from old programmes so this is the procedure I would recommend. Create a folder on a spare drive name it "File transfer" within it create four more named "e-mails" "accounts" "contacts" and "favorites" in live mail export messages ,accounts and contacts to the relevant folders, navigate to favorites and copy it to the created folder. Now boot your new system, in live mail import messages and accounts from the folders you created the problem being that your accounts are empty of messages and your messages are in "storage folders" so I copied my messages from the storage folders into the relevant folders in my accounts then deleted the storage folders, next import "contacts" then navigate to "favorites" and copy the favorites you stored into it. I hope that is clear and is of help to someone else.

Back
Top Bottom