Windows 10 edge annoyance

Fenway16

Honorable Member
Is there any way to stop Edge from coming up asking to be downloaded. I have it on my system already but this annoying browser app keeps coming up. Thanks.

It's probably wanting you to update to the new version of Edge. You can install it or just install Updates and it will update and keep on using whatever browser you use.

Just an additional note re: edge annoyance. I downloaded as recommended hoping it would quit bugging me. NOT! I will just ignore it - I don't know why it doesn't recognize my system as having the most recent version if that is what it is all about. No big deal. Thanks.

What Edge are we talking about. The old MS Edge or the new Chromium based Edge? What windows version are you using?

Right clicked looking for properties to answer your query - do not see such. How do I determine the answer...I am on win10 - program just started showing up while using my browser which is google chrome. It came pre-installed on my system - Nov '19. Thanks.

Does the Edge browser Icon look like this........if so that's the Edge Chromium browser.

It beginning to sound more like you Chrome browser is dorked up. Do you use any extensions? I would uninstall Chrome and the download a fresh copy of chrome and reinstall it.

"Does the Edge browser Icon look like this........if so that's the Edge Chromium browser."
No pict. So don't know what you mean.. It's bluish/greenish and looks like a wave in a circle -- sorta...Thanks.

1594419232240.png
here it is!

Ok...so you have the new Chromium Edge. So what have you selected as your default browser?

LOL...no. In windows settings. Click the start button, then click the cog looking thing, it will settings. In settings go to App, in there go to default apps, scroll down to browser and click it, then select Chrome as default.

Did as rec...- menu sez -- modify or uninstall. modify grey. do not wish to uninstall.
I'm not quite sure you're in the right place. Following out lined path from above.....when in the default apps there is only 6 apps listed. The last one is browser click that and then choose what browser you want as the default.

There is no modify or uninstall option if you are in the right section.

Annotation 2020-07-11 170633.png

Ahh - default apps. Always moving too fast and missing right place. Thanks. Went to DefApps - chose Chrome - that should get rid of annoying edge push...? Right? Thanks againl

Rebooted - logged on - went online with chrome - ta da!! Download the new Edge front and center. Oh well. I'll just ignore it. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom