Windows 10 edge annoyance

When you opened Chrome, what do you have set for your home page? I've never gotten that at all while using chrome. Is Chrome updated. Have you cleaned your browsers cache. Download Ccleaner and run it.....do not mess with the registry part of it. Just use the "Custom Clean" tab.

It could be corrupted and as such a simple uninstall of chrome and download a fresh copy and reinstall it always works.

When you opened Chrome, what do you have set for your home page? I've never gotten that at all while using chrome. Is Chrome updated. Have you cleaned your browsers cache. Download Ccleaner and run it.....do not mess with the registry part of it. Just use the "Custom Clean" tab.

It could be corrupted and as such a simple uninstall of chrome and download a fresh copy and reinstall it always works.
Bing is home page. Cleaned cache. Will DL ccleaner and run. I'll get back to you on all this stuff. And yes, I downloaded and installed the new Edg. Thanks. Chrome updated.

Nope - still comes up. If I uninstall chrome, will my malwarebytes browser protector be reinstalled? I like that. Also, I'm finding that the Adbloc app is worthless anymore. Every site I go to wants me to disable it. That's annoying as well. So much of the pc operation is annoying anymore. Love it but it is annoying --

Bing is home page.
As long as you're using that search engine you going to have that issue. Again, I use Chrome with it's default search engine Google. No issues at all. Again....if you want to use Bing as your search engine.....just use the new Edge. They just cohabitate better together.

You're still using Bing....no matter home page or not....you're still using it. Just use the new Edge and you want see it anymore. Or use Chrome with it's default settings.

Other than those 2 options, I can't advise anymore.

No problem.

You are using Bing search in another browser and because of that, MS is telling you to download New Edge and use it. It's promoting itself to the masses that way. Albeit intrusive, but MS wants you to use only MS software....ie MS built in AV called Defender. If you use another AV Wndows 10 throws a hissy fit. Why, because MS wants you to stay with MS. It's a marketing tactic which I can't stand.

Try the new edge, bing is the default search engine. It's very very Chrome like.....you might like it. I use it as my secondary browser.

BTW; there are some default settings that can be changed for default apps as to what can it open and forced to open. You might want to look into that as well

Good luck!

Good info. All the more reason not to use it. Bullies.:mad: We have enough bullying to go around anymore. I'll just ignore it for the time being. Do appreciate your input. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom