Windows 7 email client

Johnston7

I regret upgrading to Windows 7. But too late now it seems, as I can't retore my computer to the previous OS.

So I'm stuck, and can't use Livemail. I have downloaded Thunderbird but can't import my contacts (address book).

Can anyone reccomend a simple email client to use, or advise how a novice like me can import my address book to Thunderbird.

I am about to set fire to the computer.

John

I do not use any "Live" utilities, but I thought Live Mail was the default option with Win 7..

Import from what mail program to Thunderbird?

W7 comes w/no mail program at all, they suggest that you get their "live essentials" for mail, IM etc. that isn't included.

Import from what mail program to Thunderbird?

W7 comes w/no mail program at all, they suggest that you get their "live essentials" for mail, IM etc. that isn't included.

My contacts were in Windows Mail when operating Vista, then I 'upgraded' to Windows 7. They're still on the computer. But after downloading Thunderbird I can't import the address book.

John

Why don't you run Windows Live email ? It's basically outlook express with some graphics changes.

I think all contacts have .contacts as the file extension you do know to search?

Did you export your contacts from windows mail, if so in what format? .CSV (comma seperated values) is the one most email programs will read.

tblount:

Livemail doesn't appear to have a 'send and receive' button, and I have to log off and get the 'you have unsent messages......do you want to send now' message. Why they change something that is perfectly OK (Outlook Express or even Windows Mail) I don't know.

kbz1960:

I didn't export contacts from Vista to 7, it just did it during upgrade.

Bear in mind I am a novice.

P.S. if the '1960' refers to your birth year you'll be the big five-ohhh like me next year.

john

Rak.

Thanks for that, I'll try that when I get home the weekend.

Do you use livemail and if so is it user friendly?. It may be my objection to change clouding my judgement.

John

Thanks guys. I'll try livemail.

One annoyance with 7 is that the explorer window keeps appearing at start up and I can't stop it. Any clues how to.

John

Back