Windows 8 empty files

old ira

all of the files in windows 8.1 start screen are empty, when I click on any of them all I get is a empty box in the task bar. I have been into safe mode and every app on the start screen is empty.
I am running an Asus republic of Gamers laptop with intel i7 2.4ghz, nvidia geforce gtx 880m gpu, 1tb sata hdd, 256gbssd and 16 gb of gddr5 ram. If I log in with another account everything works fine but I need to use my main account. I have tried lots of solutions but none of them work.
Ira

Sounds like your profile is corrupt. Easiest fix would be to re-create it.
  • Log in as an administrator account, if you don't have one, you can enable the default admin account
    • Run an elevated command prompt and type net user administrator /enable:yes
  • Go to C:\Users and rename your profile to username.old
  • Open regedit, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\
  • Click on each key that begins with S-1-5-21- and look at the ProfileImagePath value to determin which SID key is your problem accounts.
  • Right Click the S-1-5-21-# key and rename, append .bak
  • Now logout and log back in with your account you were having issues with. It should create a new profile
  • Move any data from the old profile you need.

Back
Top Bottom