Windows 7 "enter network password" box keeps coming back + can´t find favorites or address book

mrsnakeman

Win 7 home, IE 11, Outlook 2007, after opening 3 new e-mail addresses I keep getting the "Enter Network Password" box popping up every couple of minutes and I don´t know how to remove this problem. I´ve heard that this a known bug but how to fix the problem was not forthcoming. Also, after a computer shop reinstalled Win 7 on a new hard drive I can´t find my favorites on IE 11 or my address book on my Microsoft Outlook. Any help, please in baby steps as I have almost next to no computer skills to speak of.

Hi,
this can be caused by a number of things but usually it's because of either incorrect server details or non at all. The address book you once kept should be associated with the email you were using at the time. You don't need to write your full email but who were you using to send mails or what came after the @?
For example if you were using 'Hotmail' then your email would be [email protected]. If you can tell us who you were using we will most likely be able to find the correct settings.

My e-mail address has not changed in several years, but even if it had that should not affect the names/other info that I have saved in my Outlook address book as I understand things. The info "disappeared" in connection with a transfer of all my hard drive info from an old hd to a new one (the shop that did the transfer job says that all info was moved onto the new hd). Apparently the transfer was not done by "ghost" imaging but by file transfer (am I right?). That both the address book and all my favorites in IE 11 should end up somewhere else and, for me anyway, impossible to find and put back in their proper places I, unfortunately a complete computer novice, find very strange, if not just a little bit disturbing. Any ideas concerning the "Enter Network Password" problem?

the shop that did the transfer job says that all info was moved onto the new hd). Apparently the transfer was not done by "ghost" imaging but by file transfer (am I right?)
You are probably right and it was probably not done correctly. Go back to the shop and have them fix it. Honestly, if you paid these people money to do it, they should fix it.

And print this out for them, if you ask me:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/290684

Back