Windows 7 Epson Perfection 4490 Photo--

Ringmaster

Epson advises "The only thing supported at this time is the Epson TWAIN Driver and Epson Scan software (epson 13552.exe). Both are included in this file. The buttons are controlled by the Creativity Suite software. We don't have a Windows 7 version, but the Vista version may work. You can download it from this link: ftp://ftp.epson.com/drivers/epson12539.exe

I'm a little reluctant to try this, because I'm afraid I might screw up my computer. Has anyone tried to do this; and, did it work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

When I clicked on your link I didn't find anything.

It's safe to install the vista drivers since they won't effect anything but you scanner, and they may work.

I have an Epson Perfection 1650 and I could not find any driver that would work with 64 bit Windows.
My scanner worked fine on my old computer in Windows 7 32 bit.

I had to buy 3rd party software to run my scanner.

I ended up buying ViewScan software which works OK, but I'd like to be able to scan directly from Photoshop.

One of these days I'll get a new scanner but it looks like at this time they still don't sell a lot of scanners that support 64 bit.

I had the same problem with HP, when I upgraded to Windows XP!
I had an expensive large format scanner and they didn't make any XP drivers for it.
I was so mad I switched to Epson for everything and never bought a HP printer or scanner again.

Mike

Back