Error 0x80070091

So my story is this, since some time one time per month more or less with a normal use of the computer my Windows decides it's time to corrupt a folder/file, whatever, pretty sad indeed, what it also does is somehow disable my autochk.exe and my chkdsk.exe so that I can't fix this problem, but ahahahah I keep in my dropbox this two exe's in a immaculate virgin state so when this corruption occurs I just copy paste them into System32 reboot, wait and TADA!

It happens that today I got this stupid error on a folder: 0x80070091, trying to install Office and after googling it I tried the different approaches to the problem:

Run admin explorer and delete the folder
Take ownership of the folder over security menu
Safe mode reboot
Delete the file running Linux

, with no success. It so happens that one of the approaches is to use chkdsk, which guess what, won't work on my computer so here I go to copy them again but guess what, the evil windows strikes back and doesn't let me paste them, the only user and admin of this machine.


Problem solved, changed the security of chkdsk and autochk independently so that I could alter them copied the DB ones and the system restored the folder.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.