Windows 10 ERROR 0x80246013

Curious

Extraordinary Member
Hello,

When installing an update in my computer i get the error:
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3097617) ERROR 0x80246013.
What is this error?
What happens is every time a boot the system he try to install the update and gives the same error.
How can, also, avoid to install this update because i know he is in error?

Thanks and best regards

Curious

Try this unlikely fix. It seems to do the trick, although it makes no sense. I had the problem on one of my laptops. Tried all the tricks but this worked.

Right click the start menu and selct Command Prompt (Admin)

run this sfc /scannow

It will take a while, then try the update again

Thanks for your answer, but don,t work. Now i have two critical updates that the system can,t install.
I think The beterraba way is install Windows 10 formo the begining. Watts do you think?
Best regards.

There are some suggestions here, which might do the trick. Note one in particular, regarding disabling your antivirus program.

Getting an error code 80246013 - failed to complete windows update while installing Windows Updates.
There are some suggestions here, which might do the trick. Note one in particular, regarding disabling your antivirus program.

Getting an error code 80246013 - failed to complete windows update while installing Windows Updates.
Hello,

Your kind help didn´t work too. I send you the system os two computers.

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor - My Laptop. All Updates were installed.

System type: 32-bit Operating System, x64-based processor - Desktop Computer. Problems with "ERROR 0x80246013"

There is something wrong with the updates from onde system to another?

Note that the Desktop computer where the updates not run, were installed with upgrade from Windows 7 by Microsoft.

I didn´t yet installed Windows 10 with a pen and with format of the system partition.

Thanks a lot again for your help.
Curious

Back