Windows 7 Error 1326?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

This is kind of a last resort.
I have been getting this error for a while on anything from Adobe or Apple that I try and install or uninstall.

I have searched the web and can not find any answer except for a lot of people trying to sell software that is supposed to get rid of this error.

I have also found posts from people who bought the software and said it didn't work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to reinstall Adobe Premiere Elements 8 and I got this error when it was trying to uninstall it prior to reinstalling it.

I tried to install Adobe Premiere Elements 9 trial and I get the same error just before it completes installation.

I get this error if I try and uninstall an earlier version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (I have the new one installed as well).

And I get this error if I try and update Apple ITunes, or QuickTime.
I get notices all the time to update but it never works.

I would really like to get this resolved; I do have working versions of all this software on my computer but can't seem to update any of them. I would like to update to the new version of Premiere Elements.

Someone posted about this on the Adobe forums a year ago and has never gotten answer.

Anyone have any idea what's causing this?
This doesn't appear to be a problems with anything except Adobe and Apple software.

When trying to install Premiere Elements 9 the complete error message reads as follows...

Error 1326 Error Getting File Security
C:\programdata\Photoshop Elements\catalogs\GetLastError5

I have the UAC turned off, and I've tried doing this as Administrator.Any input welcome.

Mike

Hello Mike,

I have not installed or worked with Abode installs but GetLastError5 means it's a bad media or download.

Hi

Shortly after posting this I found an answer.
At least for the Premiere Elements install.

I was staring at the error message for the 100th time and I realized that it said, (C:\ProgramData\Photoshop Elements\Catalogs\Getlast errror5. Not Premiere Elements\Catalogs.

I don't have Photoshop Elements installed, I may have at one time when I was tutoring some one in how to use it but not in a long time. I have Photoshop CS3.

So I navigated to the folder specified.

I found that the catalogs folder was a 0 byte locked folder.
After messing around with it for a while I was able to get the whole Photoshop Elements folder deleted from Program Data.

What do you know Premiere Elements 9 installed fine.
I've been testing and it seems to run better then 8, so I will go ahead and pay for it.

I think that probably all that was really necessary was that the folder be unlocked so that the install program could read it.

I haven't tried updating the other other software ITunes and Quicktime yet but I did find other locked out of date folders for both of these in Program Data as well. I'll check the error message next time and see if it points do a folder like this.

At least I have an idea now what is causing the errors for some of these.

I'll let you know if it will install the other stuff too, when I get a chance to try it out.

Thanks for the response.

Mike

Hi

I just came back to say that after deleting the empty locked folders, in Program Data folder, all of the things that I had not been able to update, did.

ITunes, Quicktime as well as Premiere Elements.

I hadn't been able to get Quicktime to update for close to a year.

So if anyone else runs into a problem getting that error go and see if there are folders related to the software in Program Data that are locked.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom