Windows 7 Error 1926 During Install

Spectralis

Hi, I'm trying to install Boris FX RED 5 trial on Windows 7 64bit. Each time I try to install it I get the following error message:

'Error 1926. Could not set security for file C:\Windows\. Error: 0. Verify that you have sufficient privilages to modify the security permisions for this file.'

I contacted Boris FX who told me it's a Win 7 error. I have an administrators account and UAC is set to off. I've never encountered this installation error before since I installed Win 7 about a year ago. I can't find an '. Error:0.' file or folder. I tried to change permissions on the 'Windows' folder but this wouldn't work. I completely have no idea how to solve this problem. Can anyone help please?

Might sound crazy, but try re-enabling UAC, reboot, then right click the setup exe file and choose Run As Administrator. Does the program install then? If not have you tried setting compatability mode to XP on the setup file?

Hi, thanks to both of you for your advice. I'll try both these solutions this evening to see if they work and report back. I wish I knew what caused this problem to start happening apart form the new moon or inflation rising to 5%.

Back
Top Bottom