Windows 7 error booting

GFTrooper

Hi All,

I got an error as windows 7 home was tring to boot on my labtop (Blue screen)
c0000135 %hs missing.

I have tried to do a repair but with no luck. Anyone know what this error is???

Thanks

Hello and welcome. Boot to safe mode + networking, navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump, copy the files in there to any other folder then zip them. Attach the zip to a post here and we'll check on it shortly.

Thank You for replying so fast. :) I tried to copy any files in the minidump but there wasn't any in the folder. Safe mode didn't work and repair said there was a problem but couldn't fix it. What I think went wrong is, I updated my Microsoft office with service pack 2, that is when I got the error and couldn't boot. I tried lot of different things but with no luck. I ended up reinstalling windows, that seem to work. Again Thanks for the fast reply and help.

Hello and welcome. Boot to safe mode + networking, navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump, copy the files in there to any other folder then zip them. Attach the zip to a post here and we'll check on it shortly.

Wow.. that's a HUGE offer.. We had a Server2008 setup that would crash out any time we left the anti-virus service running for more than 24hrs..

The setup was still under the umbrella of full support so we had some MS Technician in Spain working with the anti-virus programmer to figure out why the service was crashing the whole server. The RAM dumps were analyzed and they found the bad hook or whatever and sorted it all out. There was no cost other than our time and the server downtime, so it seemed like a great solution.

Later on, we had a similar problem with an internet fax redirector service we were beta testing for Metrofax.com and a Server2k3 machine. Since it seemed very close to the same issue we asked for a quote to analyze the core dumps and consult with the programmer and we were told it would be something like $170/hr and as much as 7hrs to complete!! We got lucky in that an update fixed the issue long term, but what a price!

How you can offer a similar service for free to forum members is beyond me, but super cool. Wish I could read dump files! :)

Wow.. that's a HUGE offer.. We had a Server2008 setup that would crash out any time we left the anti-virus service running for more than 24hrs..

The setup was still under the umbrella of full support so we had some MS Technician in Spain working with the anti-virus programmer to figure out why the service was crashing the whole server. The RAM dumps were analyzed and they found the bad hook or whatever and sorted it all out. There was no cost other than our time and the server downtime, so it seemed like a great solution.

Later on, we had a similar problem with an internet fax redirector service we were beta testing for Metrofax.com and a Server2k3 machine. Since it seemed very close to the same issue we asked for a quote to analyze the core dumps and consult with the programmer and we were told it would be something like $170/hr and as much as 7hrs to complete!! We got lucky in that an update fixed the issue long term, but what a price!

How you can offer a similar service for free to forum members is beyond me, but super cool. Wish I could read dump files! :)

Check the bsod section of the forum. There are tons of machines solved there. :) I used to do so on other sites as well, but now stay on this site only.

I enjoy helping people out with their pc issues, when they actually follow lol.

Last edited:
It would seem that our very own "News" bot has been posting about this issue to the tune of some seven or so references, dating back to yesterday with the earliest one. Shame on me for not paying closer attention to resources we have right here on the forum.
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Two things that I see that maybe a problem, All systems have AVG 2011 and had some kind of update. I updated office (service pack 2) and yes AVG had an update that I had to reboot.

My best recommendation would be don't install AVG again go for Microsoft Security Essentials. It works great so far. I don't believe Office update might have caused anything.

I have the same problem but i cant go into safe mode or anything it says i need a windows installation disk. Dose that mean i need to go buy a new windows 7 disk because when i bought my computer it didnt come with one.

DigitalRiver official Microsoft partners give you trial version link for Windows 7 it's floating over the Internet, search for it; then you can download that burn it to a disk.

Back