Windows 7 error checking

Peterr

Fantastic Member
Win 7x64
Start>computer>tools>error checking:

When I run error checking as Windows starts, it says it is scheduled to run then says cancelled.
Please advise.
Peter

I am stuck
I recovered all then ran error check which was ok. Previously, and the reason for my recovery was because it kept saying it is cancelled..
It once again says it is cancelled.
Please help me fix this error check malfunction without another recovery.
Peter

When you say error checking, what exactly are you referring to, a Chkdsk? That normally has an option to skip if a key is pressed.

Is there some reason you are checking for errors?

Yes. Chkdsk is the same as error error checking.
Start>computer>properties>tools>error checking.
When I click on it it says to schedule at next boot.
When next boot comes up, a very brief advisory comes up stating to do error or disk chk but the says it has been cancelled. I can run it in safe mode and on the desktop normally but the laptop will not let me run it normally.
Usually you have a chance to hit a key to cancel if you wish not to do it. Somehow it seems a key has disabled chkdsk or has been hit to cancel chkdsk probably just for one time but it is stuck in the canelled mode.
How do I get it uncancelled?
Peter

Have you run a system file check lately? Try opening an administrative command prompt and type SFC /scannow to let it check your files. There may be something corrupted. If it notes some unrepairable files, we can check what they might be.

Important notice to all Norton users. The problems I experienced with SFC, dskchk, and system restore were all Norton related. When I disabled the firewall, a/v and turned off silent mode, everything of a diagnostic nature worked. I reinstalled Norton and some worked, but erratically. Norton and Win 7 are having issues.
If you wish to use system restore, you have to disable Norton's tamper protection It is doing its job of preventing intrusion.

Thank you all for the help you have given me and i am glad to report a solution.
Peter

Back
Top Bottom