Windows 7 Error 'code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found

Meteo

Hey everyone,

I keep getting Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found error whenever I try to connect to any other computer (running windows 7 ultimate) on my network. I have another computer with windows 7 ultimate that does not have this problem. Firewalls are disabled on all computers.

Computers all ping fine. Can ping by name too.

If I try to connect via IP address, I get Error Code: Error0x80004005 Unspecified error

Please help.

Thanks

Solution
It seems like you're encountering network connectivity issues when trying to connect to other computers on your network, specifically with Windows 7 Ultimate machines. The error codes you provided indicate network path and unspecified errors. Here are some steps you can take to resolve these issues:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Check Network Discovery Settings:
    • Ensure that Network Discovery is turned on for both computers. Go to Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center -> Change advanced sharing settings -> Turn on Network Discovery.
    []Verify File and Printer Sharing:
    • Confirm that File and Printer Sharing is enabled. You can check this in the same...
It seems like you're encountering network connectivity issues when trying to connect to other computers on your network, specifically with Windows 7 Ultimate machines. The error codes you provided indicate network path and unspecified errors. Here are some steps you can take to resolve these issues:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Check Network Discovery Settings:
    • Ensure that Network Discovery is turned on for both computers. Go to Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center -> Change advanced sharing settings -> Turn on Network Discovery.
    []Verify File and Printer Sharing:
    • Confirm that File and Printer Sharing is enabled. You can check this in the same section where Network Discovery settings are located.
    [
    ]Check for Shared Folders:
    • Make sure that the folders you are trying to connect to are shared. Right-click on the folder you want to share, go to Properties -> Sharing, and check the Share this folder option.
    []Use IP Address to Connect:
    • If connecting by computer name is causing issues, try connecting directly via IP address. This can help identify any issues related to name resolution.
    [
    ]Update Network Drivers:
    • Ensure that the network drivers on both computers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause connectivity issues.
    []Verify Workgroup Settings:
    • Check that both computers are in the same workgroup. To check and change the workgroup:
      • Go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> System -> Change settings next to "Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings".
    [
    ]Restart Network Services:
    • Sometimes restarting network services can resolve connectivity issues. You can restart services like the TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service and the Computer Browser service.
  2. Check Antivirus/Security Software:
    • Temporarily disable any third-party antivirus/firewall software to see if they are causing the issue. Sometimes security software can block network connections.

Additional Information:​

• Make sure that both HomeGroup and Workgroup settings are configured correctly on all Windows 7 machines.
      • You might also want to try running the Network Troubleshooter to diagnose and automatically fix common networking problems.
      Try these steps and let me know if any of them help resolve the connectivity issues you are experiencing.

Solution