Windows 8 Error code:0xo00000e9

Ahmed Ali

What should i do ?:upset:
Untitled.png
There was a problem with a device connected to your PC
An unexpected l/O error has occurred.
Error code:0xo00000e9
This problem can happen when a removable storage device is removed while it's in use or is failing.Properly connectig any removable storage and restarting your Pc may fix this problem.

Press Enter to try again
Press F8 for Startup Settings

Hello and welcome to the forum.
When, where, at what point did you get the error above?
If it was during the install, I would first make sure that your resource (the ISO) is from a reliable source and is without errors or corruption, even if it means re-downloading.
Then I would reburn the ISO, using the slowest possible speed that your burning software will support (usually 4x) The Official ImgBurn Website usually works for me.
Otherwise please advise as to when and under what circumstances the error appeared. It usually means that you're suffering I/O issues and this could be related to any drive on your system including DVD or USB.
Regards
Randy

I solved my Issue
There was a problem with a device connected to your PC
An unexpected l/O error has occurred.
Error code:0xo00000e9

I built a new pc, ASUS p9x79 Mbo, new Asus Bluray burner, new SSD 120 GB Corsair, New SSD Samsung 500gb, I was trying to install Windows 8 from my Blu ray burner, I ran thru ALL BIOS updates , changed every setting I could think of, I tried plugging in ONLY 1 DRIVE at a time - (even an old WD Hard drive) all gave me that error - My Solution - I created a bootable USB windows 8 install - unlugged the Asus Bluray - and the install of windows 8 went fine. I'm still unsure if my dvd burn was bad or the bluray was having an issue.
Marc

Back
Top Bottom