Windows 8 Error: CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION

citrix

Extraordinary Member
I got his BSOD since yesterday or the day before.

I used whocrashed and bluescreen viewer analyzed the error.

On Thu 3/26/2015 11:41:59 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\032615-68531-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: wanarp.sys (0xFFFFF800C3019000)
Bugcheck code: 0x109 (0xA3A01F592BCD289C, 0xB3B72BDF7E4D16EB, 0xFFFFF800C3019000, 0x19)
Error: CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\wanarp.sys
product: Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: MS Remote Access and Routing ARP Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the kernel has detected critical kernel code or data corruption.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

sfc scan, found no error. I also checked spyware.

The system still automatically restart with BSOD 'CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION.' no error code.

how to solve this problem ?

Hi Citrix,
to debug your issue properly we need to see the actual dump files. These are found in a folder marked 'minidump' which is located in the main windows folder. If you can't find a minidump folder then your machine needs to be configured to produce them.

Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Click and apply to exit the dialogs

Once you have some then run the tool found in this thread to give us the details we need:
http://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help-with-a-bsod-problem.178480/

Your issue may either be down to a memory issue or corrupt data. You could try a real simple test whilst waiting for the dump files. Simply run the machine on one stick of RAM and see if the bsod continues. If it does then swap sticks over until you find one which doesn't bsod. If they all still bsod then we'll just have to look at the dump files and see what they say but the sooner you post them the sooner we'll read them for you.. :)

here is the result.

Attachments

• W7F_27-03-2015.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 836
  • RAMMon - SPD Info.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 321
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 109, {a3a00f58b564a938, b3b71bdf07e49777, fffff80178dd4000, 19}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above bugcheck can be caused by drivers or hardware corruption. I checked your RAMmon file and noticed your running different sets of RAM:
memory.JPG

The RAM in slot 2 and 4 is a different manufacturer as well as speed. Whilst it's possible to run RAM of differing speeds they really need to be the same manufacturer. Try removing either one set or the other but not together.
This should hopefully cure your bsod. If it doesn't then post the dump file in but do make sure you test first with one set of RAM and then the other.

I had those sets RAM for 4 months now, no problem.

I think the registry is corrupt when I run CC cleaner.

The BSOD is caused by wanarp.sys, MS Remote Access and Routing ARP Driver.

Can I disable the it? where can I find it ?

The BSOD is caused by wanarp.sys, MS Remote Access and Routing ARP Driver.
Just because these were mentioned in the above doesn't mean to say they were the cause just that they were involved in some way. Corruption of some kind has been detected which might be down to either the actual data or the memory it was held in.

Find command prompt, right click on it and run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results. This will tell you if windows is corrupt or not.

You also need to update your USB 3 drivers.

I also forgot to mention you have 360antivirus running as well as Mcafee. These could well conflict and it's probably best if you remove one if the bsod continues.. In fact if it isn't your RAM causing the issue I'd hazard it's one of these

I uninstalled 360 and sfc scan found no problem.

I don't know how to analyze dmp file. I use bluescreen viewer and whocrashed. I can't find what else things to troubleshoot.

Hi Citrix,
ok sounds good. Let's see how things progress but if you do blue screen please post the new dump file. Citrix usually i can get all the information I need from the dump file but sometimes certain information is missing. Could you post the make and model of your system or run the app found in this thread and post the results. Thanks:
http://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help-with-a-bsod-problem.178480/

There is no model on this PC. it is running i7 3770k, motherboard model is P8Z68-V.

The collected result is already in the attached files in the second post.

Last edited:
So it is, I must be going blind sorry.. I just wanted to have look over Bios updates and the like but see your all updated.

If the bsod continues consider running Memtest86 as that will at least tell you if there is indeed an issue with the RAM:
Windows does have it's own memory testing app but it can often miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86. The latest version of which can be found here:
http://www.memtest.org/

To run Memtest86 you need to either burn a copy of it to disk or use a USB stick. If you look down the page you'll eventually find the latest version and it's associated downloads. If your burning to disk choose the pre-compiled iso zip. If your using a USB method then the corresponding download is the auto installer for a USB stick.
Once you have Memtest86 on the media you selected you'll then need to enter your bios and change the boot order so that the machine will boot from either the disk or stick you have Memtest86 on.
Run the test for at least 12hrs if possible unless it becomes clear that there is a issue. If there is a problem with the RAM you'll see the errors pop up in red so you can't miss them.

Thanks for updating. If your still getting a bsod then please post the new dump files.

I think windows did not create a dump for latest BSOD but this one is most current by date in minidump folder.

Attachments

• 032715-59593-01.dmp
    256 KB · Views: 340
This is latest file in minidump folder.

I think the last solution is reinstall windows. the BSOD happens more often now. it could happen every 15 minutes.

Attachments

• 032815-33093-01.dmp
    256 KB · Views: 332
Code:

BugCheck 109, {a3a01f5a340bd6d1, b3b72be0868bc5b0, fffff80154b21000, 19}

Hi Citrix,
same dump file again. As mentioned above this bugcheck has two main causes. Either a driver is causing the corruption or data held in RAM which has failed. As you've tried the SFC and it found nothing then I doubt a re-install would help. It's probably down to either a driver or the mismatched RAM.
So try updating the drivers I've outlined below. If that doesn't help try removing the mismatched RAM. If that still doesn't help then run the driver verifier. If your already running the verifier turn it off as no driver is being shown.
Concerning the Driver Verifier. Do make sure though that you either have the install disk (windows) or a recovery disk in case the machine bsod's on boot. You cannot boot into safe mode using F8 with Win 8 so in this instance you need those disks.
This web page will show you how to run the Verifier:
http://www.reviversoft.com/blog/2013/09/using-driver-verifier-to-fix-a-blue-screen-of-death/

Once you have a bsod send in the dump file and I'll read it.

asmthub3.sys Mon Aug 20 13:28:29 2012: ASMedia ASM1042 USB 3.0 Hub driver please update:
http://www.station-drivers.com/inde...a-ASM-104x-107x-Drivers-Version-1.16.24-WHQL/

AsUpIO.sys Tue Aug 03 03:47:59 2010: ASUS hardware monitoring software related. This is probably a little old for windows 8.1. Test by removing or updating:
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z68V/HelpDesk_Download/

mv_process.sys Tue Feb 22 09:22:20 2011: Marvell 88SE9172 Semiconductor process notification driver. Most often associated with Marvell Storage Controller drivers (a tough find)
http://www.station-drivers.com/inde...G-Controller-Drivers-Version-1.2.0.1041-WHQL/

Post any new dump files.

verifier found 'intel XAIM' is not digitally verified. I uninstalled it.

marvel is not necessary. uninstalled.

ASM USB 3.0 driver is updated to latest WHOL found on web.

still getting BSOD.

here is latest dump file.

I think I'm going to do a try system refresh or reinstall windows.

Attachments

• 032915-251953-01.dmp
    256 KB · Views: 330
  • 032915-251406-01.dmp
    256 KB · Views: 337
  • 032915-246437-01.dmp
    256 KB · Views: 316
Code:

BugCheck 109, {a3a01f58f5a41583, b3b72bdf48240452, fffff800853e5000, 19}

Same again I'm afraid. Try running a chkdsk just to rule out any bad sectors or the like.
This guide is still the same for win 8 but do make sure whichever way you use that bad sectors are searched for and repaired:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

Personally one of the first things i would have perhaps checked is the mismatched RAM. I know you say it's been running fine but I would still check it and by that i mean I would remove one set which differs from the other set.if only to rule this 'possible' out.

chkdsk found no problem.

The RAM has been like this for almost 4 months now. no problem up to now.

I did a system refresh. no BSOD for last 3 hours. still testing.

I waited a while to reply in case you posted with a new dump file. If the system refresh worked then I guess it was down to corruption within the os..Perhaps? Strange the sfc didn't pick it up. Anyhoo I hope all is well and you have smooth sailing from now on. Post back if you should need to.

I think it is stable after system refresh. I put all the software and drivers back one by one, no blue screen up to now. If any more problems rise up I will let you know. Thanks for your help.

Back