Windows 7 Error Reinstalling windows 7!!! Help!!!!!!!!

nickbibbo

So here's what happened guys........ I have a HP Pavilion slimline with Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

I wanted to install Windows XP on a 30GB partition I just created(I know bad idea, now I know) So after I installed XP on the partition and rebooted it came to an error screen and said:

"Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem."

Then I popped in the xp install disk and erased the 30GB partition with XP on it hoping that would fix the problem---It didn't. I rebooted and the same error screen came up.

So then it was time to try system recovery to repair the boot file with my Windows 7 HP recovery disks....
No luck. So then I said "Okay, my files are backed up so I'll just do a clean install of windows 7". Then I clicked "Factory reset" and it started to reinstall Windows 7.....Then this happened:Link Removed due to 404 Error
And I rebooted and got this:
[Link Removed due to 404 Error

So then I popped in the recovery disk again and now I only have two options:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

I tried "Factory reset" again with the same error popping up... Now I have no clue what to do..............HELP!!!!!!!!!!!:frown:

Last edited:
I tried the installation again and it seems to be working.........I'll let you guys know if it finishes.........

Back